Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are Brighton doomed as the fixtures pile up, according to this we could be....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not really. It is 1 fixture a week if you take out the 'free hits' vs Spurs and Chelsea.

Use the squad for the free hits, we have nothing to lose in those games - concentrate on the Huddersfield, Burnley, Watford and Newcastle games.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I saw a stat that said Liverpool have made, I think, 54 changes to date this season which is the most in the Premier League.

I wondered if we'd made the fewest. Anyone know if there's a table of this knocking about anywhere?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I do get the idea of we will almost certainly lose a specific game (Spurs/Chelsea away etc.) so let’s play a weaker side to rest players for the more winnable games. But we might end up being relegated by just one point or even one goal and on that basis we should always be playing our strongest team.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I saw a stat that said Liverpool have made, I think, 54 changes to date this season which is the most in the Premier League.

I wondered if we'd made the fewest. Anyone know if there's a table of this knocking about anywhere?

Burnley have fewer by one

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Don't see why it is necessarily a problem Burnley have used less players than us and still look pretty good. I think our problems are well known, we need another striker, AK not playing as well as last year in his attacking role , the midfield/winger section running a bit hot and cold. we won't meet a side as good as Liverpool every week but we should not underestimate any of the opposition nor the task ahead. 3 points at the weekend and it be 'crisis , what crisis'.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd be worried if everyone below us had accumulated a load of points. We have had a bit of a lull ourselves since the win at Swansea, but Saturday was our first heavy defeat, I think everyone below us has had at least 1, if not a couple of those. 15 games in and we're still 7 points above the drop zone, teams below us playing each other or top sides. This cushion means we could be more than happy with another point on Saturday.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don't see why it is necessarily a problem Burnley have used less players than us and still look pretty good. I think our problems are well known, we need another striker, AK not playing as well as last year in his attacking role , the midfield/winger section running a bit hot and cold. we won't meet a side as good as Liverpool every week but we should not underestimate any of the opposition nor the task ahead. 3 points at the weekend and it be 'crisis , what crisis'.

I'd be more than happy with another point on the board from this weekend.

I prefer to consider our squad as having 'areas for improvement' rather than problems.:thumbsup:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
here it is via https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/eingesetztespieler/wettbewerb/GB1

playersused.png

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
7 fixtures this month (1 down). If we can get 7 points from somewhere then I'd take that all day long. 2 wins, 1 draw, 4 defeats.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
That's something different, although i suspect the two will follow the same order, give or take.

I want the table that shows Liverpool have made 54 changes this season.

I've seen it quoted, it was in the BBC Sport match report, but a little googling and i can't find an actual table.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here