Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] O/T Albion U23s away to Exeter City tonight.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
After the recent two games for the first team, the focus is on Albion' s U23 team tonight, when they play Exeter City at St James Park at 19:00.
Live text blog is on Seagulls TV.

Albion U23

Exeter City

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
This was the team that drew 1-1 with Wolves to make it 5 unbeaten. Although A-Z Gull listed the high amount of players used at this level, I seem to recall it was a lot.

Walton; Forbes, Collar, Hall, Cox; Sanders, Hutchinson; Alzate (Alzate 76), Bjordal (Tilley 65), Ahannach; Connolly.

Vose (GK), Kerr, J.Davies.

I think Walton is back at Wigan although he was not in the squad for their FA Cup game.

Also not sure how Alzate subbed himself...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
This was the team that drew 1-1 with Wolves to make it 5 unbeaten. Although A-Z Gull listed the high amount of players used at this level, I seem to recall it was a lot.

Walton; Forbes, Collar, Hall, Cox; Sanders, Hutchinson; Alzate (Alzate 76), Bjordal (Tilley 65), Ahannach; Connolly.

Vose (GK), Kerr, J.Davies.

I think Walton is back at Wigan although he was not in the squad for their FA Cup game.

Also not sure how Alzate subbed himself...

47 players.

Pretty sure Aaron Connolly won't be playing tonight; he was back in the U-18s on Saturday (and scored a hat-trick against Blackburn in the U-18 PL Cup) in preparation for the FA Youth Cup tie on Thursday at the Amex against Newcastle United. The FA Youth Cup is the most prestigious U-18 competition and clubs tend to play their strongest teams (which they don't necessarily do in the U-18 league every week due to individual player development). The same thing happened with Jayson Molumby last season; he didn't play for the U-18s until the week before their first FA Youth Cup tie against Derby County, and he didn't play for them again after they were knocked out by Stoke City in the fifth round.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
DQOIsOUVwAUqxZo.png

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
why are the fringes first teamers not getting games. they are not playing. it seems crazy the likes of Baldock, Kayal, Big German, Gold etc are not getting game time

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
On paper that looked a half decent back four against L2 opposition but on grass doesn't appear to be the case. To anyone that watches the U23's regularly, have the two Scottish lads at the back improved any since signing?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here