Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A new Selhurst

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Will believe it when I see it. Which was basically my view on The Amex and we had to wait a fair old while for that.

In fairness, good luck to them if they can pull it off. Their fans have been long suffering, having to watch their football in an oversized skip, so I can't begrudge them an upgrade.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Hmm, I see that they've put the outline of the Crystal Palace into the facade, that is clever, but I'm not sure about having the wings off of the Mighty Thor's helmet on either side of it - that just makes it look a bit odd.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It's a nice STAND. But that's all it is.

They've taken "generic new main stand" from the catalogue and dressed one side of it with a nice glass fascia. The rest of the place will remain a dilapidated shithole.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Have they just put a new front on? The eagle and the fins at the side are hideous, not sold on the glass either.

Still, it's not my teams stadium, if they like it then fine

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Will be the best ground in league 1

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looked impressive from the outside, but then you go inside and its just an identikit 4 stands round the pitch jobbie. Gaps in the corners, it doesn't look joined up. Nothing groundbreaking. Its basically the Britannia.

Still, at least you probably won't have to get a tetanus jab before visiting any more.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It looks like they're going for the Anfield "lean-to" model of extension, this'll mean the current regulations regarding seat spacing will only apply to the extension - so anyone sat in the old part of the "new" stand will continue to be squashed together.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looks good. A rare well done to Prince Charming.

The best bit :

"Improved sightlines in the Arthur Wait Stand with the removal of the TV gantry, and improved Arthur Wait concourse"

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The roof looks wonky in that image. Been here before haven’t we with palace and new stadium images will believe it when it’s built

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here