Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A new Selhurst

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The-Man-in-the-High-Castle-Season-2-trailer.jpg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
"The existing Main Stand will remain in full operational use throughout the build process, minimising the impact on the stadium capacity in the coming seasons."

So it is just cladding then... and a bolted-on top tier?

A snip at 75-100 million, it's not like they have any intention of paying for it anyway

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Look like they are also planning to add around 2000 (uncovered as far as I can tell) seats in the corner between Arthur Wait and Holmesdale Road stands.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
" slum housing" Hmm slightly snobby.... in fact the houses are , in my opinion lovely Georgian houses and sell for eye watering prices. The whole area is very much on the up and the further Whitehorse lane you get it's getting a pit posh !!

In saying this I think it's a shame all of London is getting gentrification as city's should have a diverse population.

Whatever the value of the houses it certainly doesn’t look anything like the video which appears to show the ground nestled within an Olympic style park.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
actually some of the most expensive housing in the UK.

It’s not that close to Dulwich! I regularly drive past Selhurst and the immediately surrounding area is definitely not coming even close to the most expensive housing in the UK. In fact it looks very tired and run down. How far from Selhurst do I have to go to see these properties of which you speak?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
"The existing Main Stand will remain in full operational use throughout the build process, minimising the impact on the stadium capacity in the coming seasons."

Nope, same as Liverpool did with theirs. They mean that they'll be building the new stand behind the existing one, then in the close season, removing the remainder of the old one and finishing the job..... annoyingly.

Steve_PPP

Oct 24, 2017
Burgess Hill

Badly worded article, I'd assume it means the main stand (Clifton Rd side) will be demolished for the works but the other 3 stands will remain open with a bit of paint to hide the dirt.

Still, a hundred million quid for one stand. The Amex looks great value for money now :lolol:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Nope, same as Liverpool did with theirs. They mean that they'll be building the new stand behind the existing one, then in the close season, removing the remainder of the old one and finishing the job..... annoyingly.

That is not what they did at Anfield at all. The structure of the lower tier is still the original Archibald Leitch designed main stand, which is why the seats in that bit are still packed so close together despite a bit of rearrangement. I'd be surprised if KSS didn't pull the same trick at Selhurst given that the main stand there was also built by Leitch's company and so will be structurally similar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here