Votes: 64 77.1%
  • No carry on breeding as usual

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • 01 811 8055

Votes: 7 8.4%

• Total voters

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
If you look at it dispassionately, the problem with the number of humans is their very humanity. We give to charities to help alleviate famines, we send aid to victims of natural disasters and we take in refugees from armed conflicts. If we acted with cold logic, we would let all these people get on with it and accept it all as a natural thinning out of the world population.

No. by that logic, the 'thinning out' needs to be in the US, Middles East and Europe. That is where the damage is done. A peasant farmer in the horn of Africa does very little damage to our world at present

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A mass cull of everyone that isn't working class should do the job

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes.

Britain could soon become like China did and call me old fashioned but I think you should be at least engaged or married before spitting out a sprog. :)

Britain and most developed countries are not the problem. We already have a negative birth rate. If there was no migration, our population would be steadily dropping and would have done so for years. Same with Japan, Australia and many other nations.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Britain and most developed countries are not the problem. We already have a negative birth rate. If there was no migration, our population would be steadily dropping and would have done so for years. Same with Japan, Australia and many other nations.

Wrong I am afraid. We are very much the problem, because our per capita consumption is in a different league to most of Asia and Africa.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I was looking for the poll option brown babies bad, wrinkly old white folk?, shut up we were here first.

Most experts expect world population to peak sometime in the next 35-100 years. There is already a steep decline in the number of fertile females and some are suggesting that there will never be more infants on the planet than there are today.

Nations in Africa and even India are expected to grow hugely possibly triple in size.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Old Fashioned!

I'm not engaged or married. Can't afford it. Been together 12 years is it okay to have kids yet?

Marriage doesn't cost much; it is the wedding that some choose to spend outrageous amounts on that costs!

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I was looking for the poll option brown babies bad, wrinkly old white folk?, shut up we were here first.

Most experts expect world population to peak sometime in the next 35-100 years. There is already a steep decline in the number of fertile females and some are suggesting that there will never be more infants on the planet than there are today.

Africa and India population is going to grow hugely its not going to just stop. The third world is not having the fertility problems Europe is having, Africa has the best fertility rates on earth. I think you have watched that film Children of Men one too many times.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Old Fashioned!

I'm not engaged or married. Can't afford it. Been together 12 years is it okay to have kids yet?

Of course. I accept wedding days and engagement rings don't come cheap and as you say, 12 years. Well that's a long time to know someone lovingly. I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else.

I'm crap at relationships anyway. :thumbsup:

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
AMR will probably do us in, all it takes is for idiots to take antibiotics for every possible thing and we end up accidentally producing our own extinction.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Africa and India population is going to grow hugely its not going to just stop. The third world is not having the fertility problems Europe is having, Africa has the best fertility rates on earth. I think you have watched that film Children of Men one too many times.

The generally quoted figure is a fertility rate of 2.3 provides a stable population. India is at 2.4 for 2015, so not a major cause for concern and on a long term decline. China is 1.57 for 2015 and whilst the population is still growing, this will shortly go into reverse. The figure for Africa is much higher reaching nearly 7 in Niger and Mali. If this is not matched by better health provision and education, to a certain extant this will be offset by higher mortality rates. You also have to bear in mind that Africa has a very low population density when compared to Europe or Asia, so in theory higher population is sustainable, provide political and economic conditions are improved.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I've mentioned this loads of times and it's the biggest problem we humans face on planet earth.I looked at populations through the years and it was 2.5 billion in 1950 and 4.6 billion in 1980 and 7.6 billion now��
There's no way on earth this can be sustained and we're not talking about just food.The wildlife will all disappear and the eco system will collapse causing many diseases etc.

It's the 3rd world countries that breed like rabbits mostly and not sure how you go about sorting that out.I noticed that chinas population along with India has rocketed to rough 1.4 billion each unreal....:(

If you look at all these overpopulated places you'll see the quality of life is really really poor and will get far worse but also many will look to flock to other countries and also overpopulate them.

Need to trim it down too 5 billion ish but how?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The generally quoted figure is a fertility rate of 2.3 provides a stable population. India is at 2.4 for 2015, so not a major cause for concern and on a long term decline. China is 1.57 for 2015 and whilst the population is still growing, this will shortly go into reverse. The figure for Africa is much higher reaching nearly 7 in Niger and Mali. If this is not matched by better health provision and education, to a certain extant this will be offset by higher mortality rates. You also have to bear in mind that Africa has a very low population density when compared to Europe or Asia, so in theory higher population is sustainable, provide political and economic conditions are improved.
So India and China combined have a population of 2.9 billion and you think that's fine.....:facepalm:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
China enforced the one-child policy which resulted in baby girls being abandoned to orphanages, as rural Chinese preferred boys to work for the family.

They also got fined if a second baby was born, which resulted in rich people having two children, whilst poor people were made poorer by the fine.
Yes and they're back to super high levels again and far more than before the 1 child per family kicked in.China like the USA also have huge immigration issues to deal with.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yes and they're back to super high levels again and far more than before the 1 child per family kicked in.China like the USA also have huge immigration issues to deal with.

Immigration 'issues' don't raise the populations. It's just movements of people.

https://www.learner.org/courses/envsci/unit/text.php?unit=5&secNum=4

Many people interpret forecasts like this to mean that population growth is out of control. In fact, as noted above, world population growth rates peaked in the late 1960s and have declined sharply in the past four decades. The world's total population is still rising because of population momentum stemming from large increases that occurred in developing countries in the 1950s and early 1960s. But fertility rates are falling as many developing countries pass through the demographic transition, thanks to factors that include lower infant mortality rates; expanding rights, education, and labor market opportunities for women; and increased access to family planning services.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
We’ll obviously yes, 300 hundred couldn’t get in the ground last week. Oh sorry my mistake. You said humans.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I've mentioned this loads of times and it's the biggest problem we humans face on planet earth.I looked at populations through the years and it was 2.5 billion in 1950 and 4.6 billion in 1980 and 7.6 billion now��
There's no way on earth this can be sustained and we're not talking about just food.The wildlife will all disappear and the eco system will collapse causing many diseases etc.

It's the 3rd world countries that breed like rabbits mostly and not sure how you go about sorting that out.I noticed that chinas population along with India has rocketed to rough 1.4 billion each unreal....:(

If you look at all these overpopulated places you'll see the quality of life is really really poor and will get far worse but also many will look to flock to other countries and also overpopulate them.

Need to trim it down too 5 billion ish but how?

That is just an emotional response based on nothing other than your own prejudice and it doesn't make any difference how many times you say it.

So India and China combined have a population of 2.9 billion and you think that's fine.....:facepalm:

Well if the choice is that versus culling one in three people I know to meet your numbers, yes I am content.

Really ? This website ranks China at 185 out of 228 for fertility rates - http://www.geoba.se/population.php?pc=world&type=010&year=2017&st=rank&asde=&page=1

I know you don't like statistics and experts, but this is like trying to debate with Father Dougal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here