Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Pledge to Corbyn!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Thank you, I very much appreciate your post. Unfortunately, I see it's impossible to have a reasonable debate with people whose entire understanding of politics is "red party = left, blue party = right", but I'm still astonished by the number of people who don't or won't understand that Blair was a continuation of the Thatcherite consensus. It's amazing, considering both Blair and Thatcher said exactly this themselves!

But what would I know, huh? I've only spent half a lifetime studying political philosophy and the the other half working in central government.

'bout time you got a proper job, Jimbo!
Don't shout at me, I'm only joking.:lolol::lolol::thumbsup:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
But what would I know, huh? I've only spent half a lifetime studying political philosophy and the the other half working in central government.

Any chance you could get a job where you contribute to society rather than just take from it?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You know nothing about me or any of the jobs I've done, you ignorant, small-minded piece of shit.

Your post stating what you have done and what you are studying is rather at odds with this, irrespective of how you regard others' jibes. But then when we see those in central government in action, perhaps this is the norm.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That's your view - you're entitled to it and it's a matter between you and [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION].

I'm surprised that a patriot - and an unashamed, proud one, just like yourself - gave credence to Dennis Skinner though for voting for your Brexit ideologue on that other thread, when he hates the monarchy and wants a united Ireland just like the next man who does - such as Corbyn, Benn etc - Were Jeremy Corbyn and Ian Paisley just foresighted? ???

Just shows how open/fair minded I am. I'm not surprised you're trying to divert away from Corbyn/McDonnells/Abbotts shameful past though. :p

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I think like Nicola Sturgeon, Jeremy Corbyn has actually had his high point. In the atmosphere of Brexit, offering the electorate "free" bank holidays, about 1.5% of GDP and other great giveaways to students like free tuition and "looking into" clearing all student debt, Corbyn rode the crest of a wave by trying to buy the electorate with promises that were impossible to deliver. Most people I imagine do want a fairer society but the Labour spending plan would sadly only deliver a Venezuelan fiasco and more poverty 3-5 years down the line. I think the British electorate are smart enough to realise that Corbyn would be a disaster.

He also got away with little serious scrutiny of his policies pre election as he wasn't seen as a serious contender. It was a perfect storm for him aided by terrorist strikes, a lacklustre Tory campaign and a media hyped hysteria to his open rallies. He's had his day, there will be scandal, documentaries and maybe serious scrutiny. I look at the language and ferocity of coment on here in support of momentum,people on previous threads informing us that the left will be ready to fight the right on demonstrations in Brighton and it tells me momentum are a carbon copy of Militant, wrapped in sheeps clothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here