Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The kids Christmas party balls up !!!!!!

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
We got in the queue at 10.45 and got in about 80 people ahead of the last one. However from about 11.45 a man was walking up and down the queue saying that doors would shut at 12.30 and thatbwhere we were was in the at risk area not to get in.

Once in we queued another 45 mins before seeing the players. After that we had an hour of the rest of the party.

So all in all my kids saw the players, walked through the tunnel to the pitch side, saw father xmas, did some circus tricks and sideshow type games and went home happy as pigs in muck.

No complaints from me and there wouldve been no complaints if we hadnt seen the players and had 'just' availed ourselves of the free party and seen the players who walked through those areas or when we left.

I doubt there is a perfect way to do these things and i fear that the club may stop it given it must be a logistical nightmare.

Do any other premier league clubs do stuff like this?

Good post, sums it up perfectly. The information e-mailed before was very clear, very well advertised that the door was closing at 12.30pm and some would miss out - You were clearly more organised than us and snuck in, whilst we missed out. Slightly churlish to have a whinge given the amount of goodwill that goes into organising a free event for so many :amex:

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Santa Out!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
How long do kids have to wait in a que and then told they can’t meet the players ? Crushes outside to get in the main door by 12.30. Lots of kids crying and a waste of money. Spoke to a steward who said same happened last year, so nothing learnt :facepalm:

Luckily got the players autographs after they came out so my kids were happy but many kids unhappy!

I sympathise. Spent 15 minutes this morning queuing in John Lewis in Horsham for a Chai Latte only to be told they had run out. What is the world coming to? :facepalm:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
No complaints here, I think the club do really well putting the event on and go to a hell of a lot of trouble. Got there at 11am and queued for the players (bloody big queue) - at midday we were warned that we were unlikely to get in as the doors were being locked at 12.30pm.. we decided to stick it out until 12.30pm but were part of the unlucky 100 or so that got turned away.

Saw a bit of a rush for the door but that’s no fault of the club, just a desperate lunge from the parents nearest to the closing door. Calling it a crush is a little ott. Didn’t see many crying kids, we just went into the party and enjoyed plenty of the good entertainment that had been layed on.

As luck would have it we left a couple of hours later as the players were leaving the North Stand concourse and managed to get autographs and photos with everyone we wanted. Both my boys got pictures with Lewis Dunk and they genuinely could not have been happier. Considering that the players had been sitting and signing for well over 4 hours, they could not have been more gracious with their time. Really good afternoon, I think we’re very lucky to have a club that goes to so much trouble and expense.

Yep the queue for meet the players could have been slightly better organised but then I could also have got up earlier and got there in plenty of time.. zero complaints here, happy parents and happy kids :albion2:

NSC is no place for such reasonable people, we all have to be outraged and expect more from the club!

Sandradee

Apr 16, 2014
Was Baldock there?

dc652a52ef47c3bc4f059eb63a7ea3ef.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Solution: 1500 tickets for autographs
500 for Christmas Party (with the 1500 joining them after the autographs)

Or

Allotted time slots

Simple.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Solution: 1500 tickets for autographs
500 for Christmas Party (with the 1500 joining them after the autographs)

Or

Allotted time slots

Simple.

Or even loyalty points - my boy started going over 20 years ago (it was once held in a night club at bottom of West Street) so he should qualify for a place near the front of the autograph queue for the rest of his life!��

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
No complaints here, I think the club do really well putting the event on and go to a hell of a lot of trouble. Got there at 11am and queued for the players (bloody big queue) - at midday we were warned that we were unlikely to get in as the doors were being locked at 12.30pm.. we decided to stick it out until 12.30pm but were part of the unlucky 100 or so that got turned away.

Saw a bit of a rush for the door but that’s no fault of the club, just a desperate lunge from the parents nearest to the closing door. Calling it a crush is a little ott. Didn’t see many crying kids, we just went into the party and enjoyed plenty of the good entertainment that had been layed on.

As luck would have it we left a couple of hours later as the players were leaving the North Stand concourse and managed to get autographs and photos with everyone we wanted. Both my boys got pictures with Lewis Dunk and they genuinely could not have been happier. Considering that the players had been sitting and signing for well over 4 hours, they could not have been more gracious with their time. Really good afternoon, I think we’re very lucky to have a club that goes to so much trouble and expense.

Yep the queue for meet the players could have been slightly better organised but then I could also have got up earlier and got there in plenty of time.. zero complaints here, happy parents and happy kids :albion2:

No fault of the club ? Stewarding was very bad, had the old bloke who thinks he’s hard prattling on about how he’d been security for 20 years and “actually don’t need to be out here explaining myself”:tosser:

To be fair you and me are ok as we met the players and probably spent more time with them than the people who got in, but that’s not the point. Fair play to the players they were brilliant :cool:

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
No fault of the club ? Stewarding was very bad, had the old bloke who thinks he’s hard prattling on about how he’d been security for 20 years and “actually don’t need to be out here explaining myself”:tosser:

To be fair you and me are ok as we met the players and probably spent more time with them than the people who got in, but that’s not the point. Fair play to the players they were brilliant :cool:

I didn’t get near enough to hear the security guard fortunately but not sure that the club could have done a whole lot more, your suggestion of maybe limiting the tickets for signing could maybe work or close the queue nice and early if they think that those at the back have less chance of getting through. Plenty of signage to say that the doors close at 12.30pm, I’m sure they’ll tweak it next year.

I liked it a couple of years back when the players were in the party and just dotted around different areas in lounges around the stadium and you could just queue up to see who you wanted if you found one.

Didn’t ruin our day and all’s well that ends well. We’ll be back next year without a doubt

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
How long do kids have to wait in a que and then told they can’t meet the players ? Crushes outside to get in the main door by 12.30. Lots of kids crying and a waste of money. Spoke to a steward who said same happened last year, so nothing learnt :facepalm:

Luckily got the players autographs after they came out so my kids were happy but many kids unhappy!

Gotta admit I haven't ever had an opportunity to take by kids but balls up it really does not look like

Looks like a fantastic effort from the club across the board for the kids, great pictures and looks like loads to do

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/december/gallery-young-seagulls-christmas-party/

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So from reading the whole thread...it wasn't a waste of money because there was no charge...and although there were queues people were informed that they might not get in etc.

Hmmm..Ok Mary

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here