Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marmite Bong

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I've didn't see either of the last two games live so can't comment on Bong in them.

But I thought he was pretty impressive at Old Trafford last Saturday.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
On a more serious note, I'm surprised no one has raised the serious issue of the photo of him with his hair down in the Palace programme.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Bong's case is helped by being the most beautiful player we have had playing for us in some time. But I feel less anxious with Suttner starting.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So you don't think that may be down to the managers tactics and his instructions given to the players in training and pre-match / half time team talks then?

Bruno also moved into the centre leaving the wing exposed on the other side as well I dont see anyone criticising him and I think he had a poor game compared to Bong.

You're right about the 2nd goal but he didn't commit to diving in. As for the third goal, was there a player on that side though overlapping? Don't think so and therefore Bruno had to come into the middle to defend.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
So you don't think that may be down to the managers tactics and his instructions given to the players in training and pre-match / half time team talks then?

Bruno also moved into the centre leaving the wing exposed on the other side as well I dont see anyone criticising him and I think he had a poor game compared to Bong.

Playing against inverted wingers tend to make the full backs to be more central as the winger is more likely to cut inside.

Just checked the video for the third goal: Bruno got back extremely rapidly and saw the danger a fraction of second earlier, and Bong got back very quickly as well .

Salah is a good player and on form and is quick and Firmino is mobile and quick (exactly the type of striker we could use), but none of them is really super quick.

Although Liverpool scored it was a little bit encouraging as our defence was not done by speed alone.

Last edited:

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Playing against inverted wingers tend to make the full backs to be more central as the winger is more likely to cut inside.

Just checked the video for the third goal: Bruno got back extremely rapidly and saw the danger a fraction of second earlier, and Bong got back very quickly as well .

Salah is a good player and on form and is quick and Firmino is mobile and quick (exactly the type of striker we could use), but none of them is really super quick.

Although Liverpool scored it was a little bit encouraging as our defence was not done by speed alone.

I would argue that Salah is super quick as I said watch who Chris picks against pace in our future games (it wont be Suttner). If we had Firmino or Coutihno the result would have been very different agreed but we dont. We were up agains a far better side I just dont get the hate.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
All about opinions I guess, for me Bong was ok yesterday but is still the weak link in our side and his distribution is shocking. His positional play is also questionable and I felt that was again the case yesterday.

Sutner looked far more composed against Palace and I would suspect he feels hard done by losing his place to Bong.

Amazes me how people see the game so differently, bloke behind me yesterday was giving Izzy Brown dogs abuse when I actually felt he played well.

All about opinions but for me Bong simply isn’t a Premier League left back.
Nor is Suttner premier league then, question marks against many others at this level. Let's remember the others also hey - not just Bong!

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here