Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for the trip to Huddersfield?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I can't believe people want to stick in Kayal who is off the back of a serious injury, not match fit and played 0 minutes at this level. Not only that, we want to do it for an extremely important game like this?

I seem to remember us doing this exact thing last season, him having a shocker and us getting trounced. At least then it was forced (Stephens knock).

I have a feeling we'll only ever see Kayal off the bench, in the cup or if injuries hit us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
........................Ryan

......Bruno - Dunk - Duffy - Bong

Knockaert - Stephens - Kayal - Izzy

.......................Propper

..................Hemed

Subs:
Krul, Goldson, Schelotto, Gross, March, Brown, Murray

I thought our midfield looked knackered verses Liverpool, so I'd like to see Kayal make a return and resting Gross. Propper is the quickest of our CMs so him playing the advanced roll should counter Huddersfield's high press game. Izzy in over March and Brown for his pace, and I think he links up well with Bong. Bruno came off early verses Liverpool but he remains one of our fittest players, I can see him being fine to start by Saturday. He's still one of our best players going forward, I wouldn't drop him for Schelotto unless forced! Murray is in goal scoring form, but he looked surprisingly out of form in our last two games, and missed good chances! I think it's time to try Hemed.
Izzy and Brown in your line up.

Interesting.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I can't believe people want to stick in Kayal who is off the back of a serious injury, not match fit and played 0 minutes at this level. Not only that, we want to do it for an extremely important game like this?

I seem to remember us doing this exact thing last season, him having a shocker and us getting trounced. At least then it was forced (Stephens knock).

I have a feeling we'll only ever see Kayal off the bench, in the cup or if injuries hit us.

Yes, he came back from injury for that game, and we were taught one hell of a lesson. Huddersfield were rampant on the press that day, although Liverpool were still more frightening, especially in those first few minutes.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Agree mostly but I would have Izquierdo in place of March who seems a bit off the pace . (Perhaps married life is too much ?)

Last edited:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
What I'd do and what Hughton will do are two different things.

Hughton will go with the same team that played Liverpool, with the possible exception of Izquierdo instead of Brown (I'd imagine).

I'd played 433 with the same defence, and a midfield 3 of Stephens, Propper and Brown with Stephens at the back of the triangle (I just think Gross looks like he needs a rest and I'd want Brown and Propper given a license to break forward). I'd then push Knockaert and Izquierdo right up high against their full backs with almost no defensive responsibility and look to hit them quickly on the counter in the wide areas. Obviously Murray up front on account of the fact that the alternative is Hemed and it then gives the two wide players someone to play off of. I think we need to go after them this game and a slight change of strategy, and a bit more attacking freedom for our best creative players, may give us the best chance to grab the 3 points we're getting close to needing.

Still, I don't expect Hughton to be so adventurous.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Agree mostly but I would have Izquierdo in place of March who seems a bit off the pace . (Perhaps married life is too much ?)

Or perhaps being the only player that got dropped early season has totally knocked his confidence. Despite being arguably our best player in his early season starts...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree for the start but would look at replacing Gross as No 10 with Propper and Kayal and stepping in alongside of Stephens late on if Gross is to be substituted rather than replace him with Brown.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Groß and Suttner are possibly the 2 most used to playing against Wagner's German tactics, so both really should be included in the starting XI.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Kayal Stephens Pröpper Izquierdo
Groß
Baldock (or Brown?)​

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
A whole week to rest, definitely stick, with the exception of playing 2 wingers, Izquierdo for Brown.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just remembered, Tomer Hemed played particularly well at home ot Huddersfield last season. Not many there to see the game though.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Unchanged for 5 games, undefeated. Change for Man U bringing in March, March makes the mistake that leads to the goal. Change again for Palace, and seemingly have no idea what to do with the ball when we have it for a dull 0-0. Change again, get pasted 5-1.

I say stick. Keep the same starting line up, the story being they get a chance to make amends for yesterday.
If you had asked me at half-time in the Liverpool game no way would I be suggesting that, but with some clear instruction during the break it was clear what Brown was supposed to be doing. So no change for me too. Tell them to get back out and sort it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here