Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for the trip to Huddersfield?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Jose is a right footed left winger, not a right footed right winger.
He is right footed so could play on the right hand side is what I mean. The champions league goal he scored vs Leicester was scores from that wing I believe

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Ryan, Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Bong, Stephens, Propper, Knocky, IZQ, Brown, Baldock

This team has the most pace and pressing potential. Play it on the floor or diagonally down the channels. Play Huddersfield at their own game because they'll try to swarm all over us like last year.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Unchanged for 5 games, undefeated. Change for Man U bringing in March, March makes the mistake that leads to the goal. Change again for Palace, and seemingly have no idea what to do with the ball when we have it for a dull 0-0. Change again, get pasted 5-1.

I say stick. Keep the same starting line up, the story being they get a chance to make amends for yesterday.

Surely we should go back to the 11 that saw us through our best run

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The biggest game of the season so far.

Almost a '7 pointer' it is so important :rock:

Ryan

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Suttner

Knockaert
Stephens
Pröpper
Brown

Groß

Murray

Subs : Krul, Schelotto, Goldson, Kayal, Izquierdo, March, Hemed

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
.......................... Ryan .........................

Bruno ...... Duffy ....... Dunk ...... Suttner

............ Stephens ... Pröpper ...............

Izquierdo ......... Gross .............. March

......................... Murray .......................

larus

We should have nothing to fear going there.

They had 7 points from their first 3 games. Then a further 8 from their next 12.

If we play well, this is a fixture where we should be expecting at least a point IMO. If we got 3 that would sure help going into the Christmas period.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I didnt think that he did as well as many but I would throw Brown in and say go and show them what you can do so an unchanged team. If we are not doing well up to half time and Gross continues as he has for the past couple of games look at pushing Propper forward and bringing on Kayal. I do wonder about Bruno lasting the distance.

'throw Brown in and say go and show them what you can do' think as he was on loan there last season, they''ll know what he can do ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Legs would have rested all week....minds a different story ..Brown to continue on the wing please...and slightly off beat bring in Kayal in midfield,,bench Pascal (i'm not scapegoating him) and push Propper forward into the ten role

Defensively Brown wasn’t good enough for me. I’d leave out Gross and play him there, with Izquierdo coming in.

I also think Bruno is injured (or carrying a knock) and will be rested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Defensively Brown wasn’t good enough for me. I’d leave out Gross and play him there, with Izquierdo coming in.

I also think Bruno is injured (or carrying a knock) and will be rested.

Sorry I dont understand but didnt Brown spend his best time on the pitch out wide left whuich is where you would presumably play Iziquierdo?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sorry I dont understand but didnt Brown spend his best time on the pitch out wide left whuich is where you would presumably play Iziquierdo?

Yes, but I would play him instead of Gross in the 10 role.

We simply cannot risk Bong having next to no cover, hence bringing in Izquierdo.

Gross would be on the bench.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, but I would play him instead of Gross in the 10 role.

We simply cannot risk Bong having next to no cover, hence bringing in Izquierdo.

Gross would be on the bench.

Sorry I misunderstood and thought you meant playing both on the left. To be honest i would sooner bring in Kayal to partner Stephens and push Propper into the role that Gross has. The problem would be set pieces as both Knockhaert, and March if he had come on, do not deliver the ball as well as Gross.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sorry I misunderstood and thought you meant playing both on the left. To be honest i would sooner bring in Kayal to partner Stephens and push Propper into the role that Gross has. The problem would be set pieces as both Knockhaert, and March if he had come on, do not deliver the ball as well as Gross.

True re set pieces, I think Propper looked tired yesterday.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I would not play Brown as they know too much about him. Gross simply must play and Bruno will be fine after a weeks rest. This is too bigger a game to risk too many changes.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan, Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Bong, Stephens, Propper, Knocky, IZQ, Brown, Baldock

This team has the most pace and pressing potential. Play it on the floor or diagonally down the channels. Play Huddersfield at their own game because they'll try to swarm all over us like last year.

Like your logic here, but might go with Gross instead of Brown as, while he doesn't have any pace and Brown is better on that front, he does put the shift in that will enable us to press, and he's better than Brown on that front.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
........................Ryan

......Bruno - Dunk - Duffy - Bong

Knockaert - Stephens - Kayal - Izzy

.......................Propper

..................Hemed

Subs:
Krul, Goldson, Schelotto, Gross, March, Brown, Murray

I thought our midfield looked knackered verses Liverpool, so I'd like to see Kayal make a return and resting Gross. Propper is the quickest of our CMs so him playing the advanced roll should counter Huddersfield's high press game. Izzy in over March and Brown for his pace, and I think he links up well with Bong. Bruno came off early verses Liverpool but he remains one of our fittest players, I can see him being fine to start by Saturday. He's still one of our best players going forward, I wouldn't drop him for Schelotto unless forced! Murray is in goal scoring form, but he looked surprisingly out of form in our last two games, and missed good chances! I think it's time to try Hemed.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Jose has to start. Huddersfield are exactly the sort of team that will buckle under his positive runs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here