Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Likeable visting fans

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
I've a lot of good feeling for the Liverpool fans today - they had plenty of opportunities to sing snide songs about us today - but refrained.

I kinda felt bad when snide songs came from our side ('We forgot that you were here" etc)

I thought the 'Merry Christmas Everton' at the end was very clever and very funny.

Made me think if I wanted to be thumped by anyone in this league...I'd prefer it to be Liverpool.

Made me think about other visiting fans who got my love... I'm thinking Charlton when they sang that they hated Palace more than us, and Wolves when they sang "We're going down in one minute!" (And I so hope they go up this season!)

Any other offers?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I've a lot of good feeling for the Liverpool fans today - they had plenty of opportunities to sing snide songs about us today - but refrained.

I kinda felt bad when snide songs came from our side ('We forgot that you were here" etc)

I thought the 'Merry Christmas Everton' at the end was very clever and very funny.

Made me think if I wanted to be thumped by anyone in this league...I'd prefer it to be Liverpool.

Made me think about other visiting fans who got my love... I'm thinking Charlton when they sang that they hated Palace more than us, and Wolves when they sang "We're going down in one minute!" (And I so hope they go up this season!)

Any other offers?

no but on the flip side re Charlton Brightons renditions of We Want Roland Out was fantastic away

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
To be fair, they were like a morgue in that south stand until they scored. However, I always find Liverpool supporters (from Liverpool) to be pretty decent people and always happy to speak with them, as we did with a jolly decent chap in the Albert post match.

Sadly for you exKT17 if a thread starts with a piss take it generally goes downhill, it's the sheep effect. Yeah, good bunch of supporters, out to enjoy and have much to be proud of from their club.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
OP being one of brightons many fans who supported liverpool prior to us moving to the amex."kind of felt bad when snide songs came from our side".

F..k off liverpool fans who now claim to support brighton. Where were you when we were at Priestfield. I've always hated seeing the amount of support for liverpool at the Amex. You are exactly who are not proper brighton fans.

The GIF dude

Mar 22, 2013
Sidwell

Any other offers?

Absolutely agree with you good sir, Charlton singing they hate C****** P***** more than us is brilliant!:lolol: And my Palace supporting mate loved it - because it was nothing viscous.

Liverpool fans tend to be decent folk, I myself used to be a Liverpool fan until we got promoted to the Championship and got the Amex.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Spoke to quite a few Liverpool fans over the course of the day and they were, to a man, friendly, talkative and, well, just nice people.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Absolutely agree with you good sir, Charlton singing they hate C****** P***** more than us is brilliant!:lolol: And my Palace supporting mate loved it - because it was nothing viscous.

Liverpool fans tend to be decent folk, I myself used to be a Liverpool fan until we got promoted to the Championship and got the Amex.

:fishing:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
OP being one of brightons many fans who supported liverpool prior to us moving to the amex."kind of felt bad when snide songs came from our side".

F..k off liverpool fans who now claim to support brighton. Where were you when we were at Priestfield. I've always hated seeing the amount of support for liverpool at the Amex. You are exactly who are not proper brighton fans.

On this basis we'd have 3,000 at the Amex, fantastic post from a complete knob.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
In the ground they were pretty quiet until the end and expected more from a group of fans who are famous for having one of the best atmospheres at home.

On the train to the ground though there were a bunch of Liverpool fans who were a really good laugh and had different songs to sing. Think they were the best group of fans this season

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Whoosh.

Sometimes it's fun to appreciate opposition fans, especially if they come up with witty songs.
My favourite is Hull's You're so southern, you're practically French.

It doesn't mean I'm a Hull fan, but you are allowed to laugh at a match now and again. I can remember Wolves fans applauding us for singing, Hole in your telly, you've got a hole in your telly.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Whoosh.

Sometimes it's fun to appreciate opposition fans, especially if they come up with witty songs.
My favourite is Hull's You're so southern, you're practically French.

It doesn't mean I'm a Hull fan, but you are allowed to laugh at a match now and again. I can remember Wolves fans applauding us for singing, Hole in your telly, you've got a hole in your telly.

Bonjour! Bonjour! We are the Brighton boys :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here