Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Likeable visting fans

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
OP being one of brightons many fans who supported liverpool prior to us moving to the amex."kind of felt bad when snide songs came from our side".

F..k off liverpool fans who now claim to support brighton. Where were you when we were at Priestfield. I've always hated seeing the amount of support for liverpool at the Amex. You are exactly who are not proper brighton fans.

Touchy!!!

Oh and I was "at Priestfield" too and don't share your jaundiced view and sorry if that makes me a snowflake too - maybe if we get enough we can build a snowman!

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
How about the Yeovil fans (I think), a few seasons back at the Amex. I thought they were well humoured despite relegation

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don’t know where you were in the ground but from the half way line in the East stand they were certainly audible for most of the game.

Even before their opening goal, they sung the most and loudest, more than other visitors this season. The NS kept reacting with songs to drown them out.

A far cry from the deafening silence from Citeh, Stains and others. Or the tedium of Stains single tune.

larus

OP being one of brightons many fans who supported liverpool prior to us moving to the amex."kind of felt bad when snide songs came from our side".

F..k off liverpool fans who now claim to support brighton. Where were you when we were at Priestfield. I've always hated seeing the amount of support for liverpool at the Amex. You are exactly who are not proper brighton fans.

Oh, the irony of the guy who’s been on here since May 2014.

Just because the OP can be civil about another club does not make him one of their supporters. I assume you’ve. Forgotten about the help and support we had as a club from other clubs fans.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I thought their fans were really quite...... until they scored and then went crazy, singing and swinging scarfs etc but I expected that for 90 mins and songs of YNWA, but I was disappointed with their noise levels.

But I remember when we played them away years back and alot of fans had ticket issues, Liverpool's staff were helpful and the fans seemed a decent bunch before and after. Same with most Northern fans tbh.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I find this thing about not being allowed to like other clubs / fans a bit sad really. I can't believe that anyone honestly only looks out for one team's results and isn't quietly pleased if another team also does quite well. Surely, we must all have a sort of ranking in our head of teams we quite like, and like to see win - right down to teams that we only want to see lose. And quite often, that feeling can come from reactions we have had when meeting or mingling with fans from other teams. But we'll all have different recollections and opinions - sometimes shaped by a single game or incident.

Myself - I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Liverpool, probably going back to the times of FA Cup win of '73, and the European Cup exploits of 1977. Their win in Munich in 2005 probably remains the most excited I have been about football outside of Brighton / England matches. And I do also enjoy the noise their fans make when they really get going. Surely that doesn't mean I am any less of an Albion fan?

As for snide songs from our fans - to be honest, I always much prefer chants and songs about ourselves than ones about the opposition anyway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Spoke to quite a few Liverpool fans over the course of the day and they were, to a man, friendly, talkative and, well, just nice people.

Very much this. I’ve always found Scousers to be a decent , welcoming and fun bunch of people.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I've a lot of good feeling for the Liverpool fans today - they had plenty of opportunities to sing snide songs about us today - but refrained.

I kinda felt bad when snide songs came from our side ('We forgot that you were here" etc)

I thought the 'Merry Christmas Everton' at the end was very clever and very funny.

Made me think if I wanted to be thumped by anyone in this league...I'd prefer it to be Liverpool.

Made me think about other visiting fans who got my love... I'm thinking Charlton when they sang that they hated Palace more than us, and Wolves when they sang "We're going down in one minute!" (And I so hope they go up this season!)

Any other offers?

Saddo.

Go watch rugby, or hockey, maybe stoolball?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I find this thing about not being allowed to like other clubs / fans a bit sad really. I can't believe that anyone honestly only looks out for one team's results and isn't quietly pleased if another team also does quite well. Surely, we must all have a sort of ranking in our head of teams we quite like, and like to see win - right down to teams that we only want to see lose. And quite often, that feeling can come from reactions we have had when meeting or mingling with fans from other teams. But we'll all have different recollections and opinions - sometimes shaped by a single game or incident.

Myself - I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Liverpool, probably going back to the times of FA Cup win of '73, and the European Cup exploits of 1977. Their win in Munich in 2005 probably remains the most excited I have been about football outside of Brighton / England matches. And I do also enjoy the noise their fans make when they really get going. Surely that doesn't mean I am any less of an Albion fan?

As for snide songs from our fans - to be honest, I always much prefer chants and songs about ourselves than ones about the opposition anyway.

Songs about ourselves are repetitive, same song different week etc etc. Songs about the oppo can be repetitive, but can also provoke a one liner or two amongst others to either spice up an exjsting chant or create an entirely new one.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Absolutely agree with you good sir, Charlton singing they hate C****** P***** more than us is brilliant!:lolol: And my Palace supporting mate loved it - because it was nothing viscous.

Liverpool fans tend to be decent folk, I myself used to be a Liverpool fan until we got promoted to the Championship and got the Amex.

Not sure what viscosity has to do with it. Maybe you could start supporting Liverpool again now they have thrashed us, then reassess the situation at the end of the season. Maybe switch to Wolves if they get promoted?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Not sure what viscosity has to do with it. Maybe you could start supporting Liverpool again now they have thrashed us, then reassess the situation at the end of the season. Maybe switch to Wolves if they get promoted?

Brilliant.

This thread is pretty thick.. highly viscous.

Wait until United come to town, half their away end will reside in Kent, Surrey and Sussex.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Palace fan masquerading as a BHA fan as his dubious posting history shows, just does enough with his neutral, vaguely sniping posts to have stayed under the radar. .up to now. The GIF dude is no more.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

You'd be wrong. Here's my list:

1. BHA
2. Everyone else*

*preferences are taken if it benefits the position of 1.

I guess I do have some soft spots, but they are mainly due to shared toils or likeminded fans, not because of trophies won... which is what I find sad. I do look out for results but that's down to having a hate scale which regularly shifts around so I definitely have more contempt for some clubs than others. For instance, I was wishing orient to lose every week for a long time and more recently tracking boro results to make sure they continued to lose or draw which brought a smile. The current top 6 of the PL are well entrenched at the top of this scale along with a couple notable others.

Fair enough, I'm not going to pass judgement. I would say perhaps not the best time to come out with it after yesterday though.

Christ that would be boring. We are already too reliant on one song to ensure everyone joins in as we have a bunch who refuse to take part in songs about the opposition because it might offend, it's just bloody panto for god's sake.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Just because the OP can be civil about another club does not make him one of their supporters. I assume you’ve. Forgotten about the help and support we had as a club from other clubs fans.

This. (and who would have thought that possible a week or so ago? :lolol:)

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I thought their fans were really quite...... until they scored and then went crazy, singing and swinging scarfs etc but I expected that for 90 mins and songs of YNWA, but I was disappointed with their noise levels.

But I remember when we played them away years back and alot of fans had ticket issues, Liverpool's staff were helpful and the fans seemed a decent bunch before and after. Same with most Northern fans tbh.

This. Very disappointed. I also couldn't understand a word of any of their songs, in fact, I wondered if they were Scottish or something they were so inaudible.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Yea because join date on a forum is a good measure of your albion support over the years. (not defending the content of the post you quoted)

I remember all sorts of people with their sympathies and good intentions, which as a collective have significantly lessened in recent times. Everyone prepared to put their arm around you and throw some change in a bucket so long as you know your place and aren't a threat to them. At which point their attitudes dramatically shift.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Only one smoke bomb (or whatever they are called) thought :whistle:

IMG_0152.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports