Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For all the doomers and gloomers

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We were supposed to be bottom tonight. We're not, we don't even have the worst goals against. We're sitting pretty thank you very much. Top six side, should have taken at least one, but we were our own worst enemies in front of goal, could have easily skanked a draw. We are desperate for a scoring centre forward. But getting into the mire because Bruno is to old or Hughton to defensive, or whatever... blow it out yer arse cos you don't know much about what is put in front of you. Just saying like. :smile:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes but face facts, we have a serious issue at home now and it needs to be sorted very quickly

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes but face facts, we have a serious issue at home now and it needs to be sorted very quickly

We have a moment right now, not a serious issue. We could have got a draw today without the woeful touch in front of goal. As it satnds, we will, at worst, be 14th come Monday night. We are already punching above what we expected. We have games to pick up points. Palace, Hammers and Swansea have serious issues.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Does it, is there anything to "sort"?

But for two penalties in those home games, one given (Everton) and one not (Stoke) things could look very different. I am sure Hughton and his team would have like to have seen 2 of those 4 draws turned into wins, but as I have alluded to the margins are narrow and something that can't necessarily be "sorted".

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Now implies something recent which I take as today’s result. Most of us, nearly all(?) would have expected to have ls9t this. So did we have a serious issue at home prior to this. No, unbeaten since Man City in opening day. :shrug:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Dust ourselves down and focus on next week. At the risk of rolling out a much over used phrase on NSC today's result should not stimulate some serious bed wetting.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Dust ourselves down and focus on next week. At the risk of rolling out a much over used phrase on NSC today's result should not stimulate some serious bed wetting.

We're away to a Huddersfield side well under par and leaking goals severely. I know they get some odd results but you have to think we can go there and take the spoils. I am looking forward to 3 points away from home next weekend.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
All I’m interested in is for this season, is being better points wise than 3 other clubs. People are forgetting that we are in mid table without the holy grail that is a striker or two.
I think we’ve done pretty damn good so far. The over analysis of every game by us fans is part and parcel these days but really, but how many people expected us to be anywhere near where we are at one minute past the close of the transfer window?

If we are in or around our current position come January then we will be in a strong position in the transfer market too. We are going to get a beating a few times this season. Let it ride

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea

Wtf is this? Get a grip boy.
It's negativity like yours that breeds and WILL have a bad impact on the team and others around you.
See West ham.

We lost 5-1
Who gives a fxxx
We're Brighton and Hove albion
We're staying up

If we're positive it, the team Will feed off that.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
All I’m interested in is for this season, is being better points wise than 3 other clubs. People are forgetting that we are in mid table without the holy grail that is a striker or two.
I think we’ve done pretty damn good so far. The over analysis of every game by us fans is part and parcel these days but really, but how many people expected us to be anywhere near where we are at one minute past the close of the transfer window?

If we are in or around our current position come January then we will be in a strong position in the transfer market too. We are going to get a beating a few times this season. Let it ride

The over analysis has been on going here since L2. It is good that we can come away from a spanking and not see the usual trolls back on here, they must have got bored and gone join holmesdale or whatever. But it is sad to see people still over analyse on here when, at the end of the day, they have no need to. We can be 13th(?) at worst after Monday, wouldn't most of us have given a right bollock for that at this stage? We can still blame him and him, the club, the manager becuase we are so bad in 13/12th place and just got spanked 1-5 by a top six, when in reality it wasn't as bad as the result implies. Huddersfield (a), Burnley (h), Watford (h), all coming up before Christmas defines our season, not Liverpool.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The over analysis has been on going here since L2. It is good that we can come away from a spanking and not see the usual trolls back on here, they must have got bored and gone join holmesdale or whatever. But it is sad to see people still over analyse on here when, at the end of the day, they have no need to. We can be 13th(?) at worst after Monday, wouldn't most of us have given a right bollock for that at this stage? We can still blame him and him, the club, the manager becuase we are so bad in 13/12th place and just got spanked 1-5 by a top six, when in reality it wasn't as bad as the result implies. Huddersfield (a), Burnley (h), Watford (h), all coming up before Christmas defines our season, not Liverpool.

Pretty much well said there!! Even beyond that though, I genuinely believe there are 3/4 clubs in a much much worse state than ours squad wise. Just survive and who knows what we can do in the following seasons to come. I think we’ll be fine but some of the expectations in some of the games we are playing are so unrealistic by some people

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The overreaction today is ridiculous. A very good team took their chances against us. Are our memories so short we've forgotten how we played at Old Trafford a week ago?

Obviously we could do with a top quality striker. That goes for most of the rest of the league as well.

From what I've seen, barring really bad luck with injuries or a January involving a significant departure, we'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Still think we have a home issue, we freeze and have two far tougher games now at home against teams in form.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Still think we have a home issue, we freeze and have two far tougher games now at home against teams in form.

Are you generally a monger of doom? I know your nic and have been here for a few years now, but I just read without attaching names to faces, so to speak, are you an Albion downer?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
We were supposed to be bottom tonight. We're not, we don't even have the worst goals against. We're sitting pretty thank you very much. Top six side, should have taken at least one, but we were our own worst enemies in front of goal, could have easily skanked a draw. We are desperate for a scoring centre forward. But getting into the mire because Bruno is to old or Hughton to defensive, or whatever... blow it out yer arse cos you don't know much about what is put in front of you. Just saying like. :smile:

Nearly a brilliant playing post. All you had to do was add the comment "look how far we've come" and you would have cracked it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Are you generally a monger of doom? I know your nic and have been here for a few years now, but I just read without attaching names to faces, so to speak, are you an Albion downer?

And to add to this home issue which other clubs players would be asking for autographs of opposition players.

This adds to the fact we are showing far to much respect as well as the fear factor in front of home fans.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
And to add to this home issue which other clubs players would be asking for autographs of opposition players.

This adds to the fact we are showing far to much respect as well as the fear factor in front of home fans.

Blimey. Glass just a touch half empty for you. It was always going to be tough - we're aiming for 4th bottom this season so we are going to lose a few at home. Sure a couple of the draws at home could have been wins but we're generally hard to beat and that's important at this level. And we may go on a bit of a losing run at some point - maybe even now for a few games and, if we do, we just need to keep the support going and help the team come out the other side.

And the autographs thing is a non issue that no one would have worried about had we won.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
We're away to a Huddersfield side well under par and leaking goals severely. I know they get some odd results but you have to think we can go there and take the spoils. I am looking forward to 3 points away from home next weekend.

Huddersfield don't leak goals at home. They do away -15 goal difference. We were outplayed there last season and this will probably happen again next week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here