Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For all the doomers and gloomers

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
If we can pick up another three points by the half way stage of the season, then we’re bang on course for where we want to be. I see no reason to get worked up at this stage.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Two tougher home games coming up, what Burnley and Watford? Granted Burnley have some great away form this season, but tougher than Liverpool - I think not in any sane persons mind...

Just as tough to beat as any other they are both in form, but hopefully I will be proved wrong.

I do expect a minimum point next Saturday, possibly 3 as we seem better on the road.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think less than 5% of the posts about yesterday’s game are actually complaining, the rest are just analysing what posters think went wrong. From the thread title you’d think there had been a meltdown on here.

I don’t need the op to tell me how to react after a flattering (to the opposition) defeat against the best counter attacking team that I have seen this season thanks.

I don’t see that much doom and gloom on here personally.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Huddersfield don't leak goals at home. They do away -15 goal difference. We were outplayed there last season and this will probably happen again next week

While I don't share the over confidence that we will come away from Huddersfield with a guaranteed three points, I do feel they have hit a rocky path, scoring just 1 goal in their last 4 games, while letting in 13. Get our score on the board first and we could well do them by 2 or 3...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think Less than 5% of the posts about yesterday’s game are actually complaining, the rest are just analysing what posters think went wrong. From the thread title you’d think there had been a meltdown on here.

I don’t need the op to tell me how to react after a flattering (to the opposition) defeat gains the best counter attacking team that I have seen this season thanks.

Analysis is fine, but starting multiple threads about various players criticising individuals is not.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Analysis is fine, but starting multiple threads about various players criticising individuals is not.

That’s NSC and the reaction to most threads like that have resulted in strong disagreement with with the thread starter.

el punal

"Do we"........only lost at home to Man City and Liverpool I think?????
How is that a serious issue?

Some of our fans are expecting too much too soon. At the start of the season most would have bitten your hand off if the Albion were to be 12th in the table with 17 points come December. We were always going to get tonked by a top six side at some stage, many thought it might have been Man.Utd. last week, instead it was Liverpool yesterday.

It now is how Chris Hughton and the team deal with that defeat. So next week's game against Huddersfield, similar opponents in status, will define our standing. Getting a decent result there and we're back on track, a bad defeat and there will be a lot of soul searching. On the consolation side of all of this at least we can look to strengthen the team with the January transfer window only a few weeks away.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not many teams could have lived with Liverpool in that form yesterday. No disgrace in the scoreline. At the start of the season we might have feared many such drubbings, yet here we are almost halfway through and that's the first time anyone's put more than two goals past us. It's not all doom and gloom. Just get a bloody striker in!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Just as tough to beat as any other they are both in form, but hopefully I will be proved wrong.

I do expect a minimum point next Saturday, possibly 3 as we seem better on the road.

But you didn't say "just as tough", you said two tougher home games coming up...

I would also question how in form Watford are as they have only won two games since beginning of November, against West Ham and Newcastle, both teams we have beaten this season. In the last 8 games Watford have won 3 drawn 1 lost 4 = 10 points. During this time Brighton have only managed to amass exactly the same amount of points, 10... so who's in form?

Burnley are better placed, having picked up 16 points during that period, however both Burnley and The Albion have lost two games during the 8 games, showing that Burnley are more able to turn draws into narrow wins.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes but face facts, we have a serious issue at home now and it needs to be sorted very quickly

Nothing to do with yesterday's result (shit happens) but our home form is giving cause for concern. Before the season started, I think we all agreed that survival depended on picking up three points at home against the teams around, or below, us. Before Liverpool, we had failed to do that in the four previous home matches - and that failure could still come back and bite us.
We've only got four home games against teams below us left.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the only cause for doom and gloom over our home form was a very disappointing draw against a very weak Palace on Tuesday. Yes we could and should have beaten Everton and Stoke but Palace was the let down in every respect. Hope fully we will come good again away at Huddersfield.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nothing to do with yesterday's result (shit happens) but our home form is giving cause for concern. Before the season started, I think we all agreed that survival depended on picking up three points at home against the teams around, or below, us. Before Liverpool, we had failed to do that in the four previous home matches - and that failure could still come back and bite us.
We've only got four home games against teams below us left.

Glad someone else has picked up on this, but we are playing well away so hopefully that will balance the issue out.

larus

Not many teams could have lived with Liverpool in that form yesterday. No disgrace in the scoreline. At the start of the season we might have feared many such drubbings, yet here we are almost halfway through and that's the first time anyone's put more than two goals past us. It's not all doom and gloom. Just get a bloody striker in!

That sums me up too. We’re doing OK and the score was a little harsh non us, but this will happen. A striker is what we need, someone to run their defence around a bit more

larus

I think the only cause for doom and gloom over our home form was a very disappointing draw against a very weak Palace on Tuesday. Yes we could and should have beaten Everton and Stoke but Palace was the let down in every respect. Hope fully we will come good again away at Huddersfield.

This may be controversial, but Palace aren’t a poor squad of players.
Benteke gave Dunk/Duffy a hard time on Tue night.
Zara is a tricky, skilful player but appears to be let down by poor decision if making and going over too easy.

To class them as a poor team is, IMO, wrong. Yes, they were bottom, but are now unbeaten in 4. They will pull clear, and could very likely finish above us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To class them as a poor team is, IMO, wrong. Yes, they were bottom, but are now unbeaten in 4. They will pull clear, and could very likely finish above us.

I thought that Dunk and Duffy handled Benteke quite easily and he offered nowhere near the threat I expected. Individually Zaha and Townsend are good players but as team I think Palace are a poor team I am sure that they will not finish above us unless we have a very bad run of results. They were by far the worst team to have played at The Amex this season but I am told Swansea were worse when we played them.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'd like to be a fly on the wall in CH office after the Liverpool game, I bet there were swear words being mentioned that I've never heard of, also I pity the cleaning staff having to clear up all that profanity off the walls!!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I thought that Dunk and Duffy handled Benteke quite easily and he offered nowhere near the threat I expected. Individually Zaha and Townsend are good players but as team I think Palace are a poor team I am sure that they will not finish above us unless we have a very bad run of results. They were by far the worst team to have played at The Amex this season but I am told Swansea were worse when we played them.

What does this sentence mean :moo:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I think the only cause for doom and gloom over our home form was a very disappointing draw against a very weak Palace on Tuesday. Yes we could and should have beaten Everton and Stoke but Palace was the let down in every respect. Hopefully we will come good again away at Huddersfield.

Sadly however, if we lose to Huds. and West Brom beat the Swans which is more than likely, we will be looking at a relegation spot ! so that is why 3 points against Huds. is mega important !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here