Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton v Klopp

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It might have been for charity. It might have been for his kid. It might have been for his own wall. Regardless, I don't think BHA players chasing round the top 6 opposition players to get their tat autographed before or after the game is a good thing. If its for charity or whatever, then send a ballboy or a flunky, or Skalak or someone.

Then fans would be saying how arrogant of the players.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Then fans would be saying how arrogant of the players.

I certainly wouldn't. They're pro's, I wouldn't expect them to chase round our opponents for autographs. That's the whole point. We're not some two-bob lower league pub team on a day trip to one of the big boys. Our players are Premier League players now, and should carry themselves as Premier League players off the pitch as well as on it now.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I like Klopp, full of enthusiasm and energy and occasionally controversial.

I like Hughton as well, he is nice and respectful, but boring.

Even taking account of your appreciation of him, it is also a little disrespectful to call him boring.

He is organised, measured and polite. He has brought us to where we are right now, so give me some more helpings of boring management, because it works!

Remember we had the other end of the spectrum with Poyet and the entertainment wore thin by the end of the first season at Falmer when he started soap-boxing his talents for the next big job and offering opinions on everything non-Albion (England, Suarez, price of Mars Bars, etc...).

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
I had a pretty good view, straight after the final whistle Hughton walked over to Klopp ready to shake his hand and at the exact same moment he walked over Klopp turned around to hug Salah, it wasn't intentional by Klopp to ignore Hughton I think he was just caught up with the rest of his benches celebrations. Hughton wasn't happy I'd imagine that his words to Klopp would be something like you should really have the decency and respect to shake the opposing teams manager's hand before going off on your own celebrations.

As well as the above link, there is now an Argus article confirming this, and that Klopp seems to have accepted the need to apologise to Chris:
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/15702836.Klopp_s_celebration_showed_he_respects_Albion/

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

And one of the quotes after that article:

UpperClassKopite

Pffft - Sour grapes from the poisoned dwarf who has been seen jumping about on the touchine many times.

F8(c)k him Kloppo, no need to apologise - poor loser after getting a humiliating beating, just like the plastics, armchairs and trolls on here i have to constantly smack on the nose and put back in their place. YNWA

Hughton "jumping about on the touchline many times" :facepalm:

Clueless scouse gimp. Do they grow them in fields up there or something ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I like Ian Wright, but funny to see on MOTD that he got it completely wrong.

He was adamant the cause was Klopp passionately celebrating the goals, and thought that bang out of order.

Turns out Klopp hugged Salah, and in the moment rudely failed to shake with Hughton.

Pundits arrogantly think they know absolutely everything.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I like Ian Wright, but funny to see on MOTD that he got it completely wrong.

He was adamant the cause was Klopp passionately celebrating the goals, and thought that bang out of order.

Turns out Klopp hugged Salah, and in the moment rudely failed to shake with Hughton.

Pundits arrogantly think they know absolutely everything.

They know less than they think about CH...he has a set of values..and being respectful is one of them imho

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think we have an alternative to WHC for 2018.... "World's Hardest Manager". All the managers from the top 2 divisions fight it out until only one remains *slips into an American accent* in a thrilling fight to the death battle.

Gary Monk would win, hands down. He's as hard as nails. Did you see the way he stepped in front of Wagner?

Maureenho would win the cowardly eye gouging award, in a three way handbags girlie bout against coiffered Howe and selective-myopic Wenger.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Klopp said he apologised in person to the management team after the game for breaking protocol & has gone public today in the guardian.

So he's alright then

Apart from managing the pool

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Wondering if it was just a momentary thing, for example, Klopp not being ready when he should have been.

Hughton then full of praise for LFC in his conference. Salah signing shirts for Duffy & co. So all ended happy?

[tweet]937010071715876866[/tweet]

Don’t like to see that if I’m honest. As others have alluded to, we’re not a tin point league two outfit anymore. We’re Premier League.

Get the reasons....charity, gifts, their own personal memorabilia.

Irrespective though, you’re own self pride and wanting to feel like you belong should be enough to prevent you from acting like a star struck fan at a gig.

Pretty sure this the sort of thing a Player Liaison Officer is employed by the club for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don’t like to see that if I’m honest. As others have alluded to, we’re not a tin point league two outfit anymore. We’re Premier League.

Get the reasons....charity, gifts, their own personal memorabilia.

Irrespective though, you’re own self pride and wanting to feel like you belong should be enough to prevent you from acting like a star struck fan at a gig.

Pretty sure this the sort of thing a Player Liaison Officer is employed by the club for?

My thoughts exactly. Its not a good look is it. Respect your opponents, but don't be bloody FANS of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here