Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton players getting autographs from Liverpool ones...

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Yeah coz you would never see a Brighton fan clapping a Liverpool player while he was warming up on the touchline.........................................

Does this actually happen (other than to a legend that has moved on where it MAY be acceptable)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They have tweeted and said this was AFTER the game..

I don't understand this mentality that footballers aren't also allowed to be fans.. Once the game is over they can all form a w*nk circle for all I care.

Unfortunately they’re employed by the club and have to adhere to staff rules. See above.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Its as if people are questioning the attitude of the same players who got us promoted to this league.
When the game is finished and you've played against some of the worlds best players, what's the problem with getting whatever momento you can in what ever manner you can?.

Personally, nothing is wrong. But Barber makes the rules, not me.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I have this nagging concern that our players still don't really, really believe they belong in this division. The performances against Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool haven't helped dissuade me from this*. I wasn't at the game today but a colleague from work was and attended as a neutral. His view was that we were far too respectful of Liverpool; certainly in the first half. With that in mind this doesn't help. I know it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but it just feels a little bit wrong.

*I still don't know where our Man Utd performance came from. Delightfully incongruous.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I have this nagging concern that our players still don't really, really believe they belong in this division. The performances against Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool haven't helped dissuade me from this*. I wasn't at the game today but a colleague from work was and attended as a neutral. His view was that we were far too respectful of Liverpool; certainly in the first half. With that in mind this doesn't help. I know it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but it just feels a little bit wrong.

*I still don't know where our Man Utd performance came from. Delightfully incongruous.

Not to worry. Many more performances like today’s and it won’t be a problem as we won’t be in this league, and very few of our players will want autographs or shirts from Birmingham City or Barnsley players. That said, I don’t imagine they will be too star-struck at Huddersfield next weekend, so maybe they’ll dig in and get a result (as we failed to last season).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Its as if people are questioning the attitude of the same players who got us promoted to this league.
When the game is finished and you've played against some of the worlds best players, what's the problem with getting whatever momento you can in what ever manner you can?
It's as if these dicks honestly believe some of our players didn't play to their best because of some sort of superiority complex of Liverpool players.

It's not difficult to understand is it? We are a grounded and realistic bunch on the whole but this grates at me and I doubt I'm the only one. We've taken plenty of pastings in my 20+ years watching, I struggle to remember any of our players going after any Plymouth autographs after they ****** us by the same scoreline.

We've just been rolled over, I'm hurting, I don't want pictures in my face of our players asking for autographs while it's still raw. I don't give a shit if they want to do it out of the public eye. Before some dickhead with some tired old bollocks about players just being employees wades in, well aware that they don't hold the same pride and attachment to the club as us, but fawning over superstar players after they just demolished you is simply not professional, much less allowing someone to take a photograph of it.

It might be alright for the ones who are secretly ******* themselves off about liverpool's performance, having a soft spot for them and their nice fans (for **** sake). Not for me.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I just find it odd... I’ve worked in the entertainment industry along side ‘famous’ people and would have been sacked if I had of asked for an autograph. Professionalism and all that. I just don’t see any of Liverpool autograph worthy when we have players in the same league.

Messi, Ronaldo, etc.. are real greats of our time and I’d get that. Not a Europa League team

Where is the line drawn or will we always be little old Brighton ?

Just a question, why is there no fuss when players actively ask for a famous opponents shirt at the end of the game when shirt swapping?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It's not difficult to understand is it? We are a grounded and realistic bunch on the whole but this grates at me and I doubt I'm the only one. We've taken plenty of pastings in my 20+ years watching, I struggle to remember any of our players going after any Plymouth autographs after they ****** us by the same scoreline.

We've just been rolled over, I'm hurting, I don't want pictures in my face of our players asking for autographs while it's still raw. I don't give a shit if they want to do it out of the public eye. Before some dickhead with some tired old bollocks about players just being employees wades in, well aware that they don't hold the same pride and attachment to the club as us, but fawning over superstar players after they just demolished you is simply not professional, much less allowing someone to take a photograph of it.

It might be alright for the ones who are secretly ******* themselves off about liverpool's performance, having a soft spot for them and their nice fans (for **** sake). Not for me.

2 things come to mind. If you hadn't seen this picture would you have been saying the same as you are now? Would you be questioning the players commitment to the cause and to Brighton's future in the Premier League.

You don't know the context of the photo and until someone possibly explains I think everyone should be cut some slack.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Arm pit odor negates value. Some players do smell worse than others. All Palarse players pretty much smell like shite.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Shockingly unprofessional imho....

The supporters come to see our players not the opposition. We believe them to be contenders not star struck fans. Would you ever see Joshua ask for Klitschko's autograph? He would get nowhere with that attitude.
Get stuck in lads...and do it to them before they do it to us!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
After the game in an area which is mostly private at football clubs, or at least regarded as such by most people with the privilege to have access. Maybe Kayal wanted a shirt signed for his kid for Christmas? Or for a charity? Or for any number of reasons. Even if it’s for him, has no bearing on anything at all once the game is over.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kayal didn't play ???

After the game in an area which is mostly private at football clubs, or at least regarded as such by most people with the privilege to have access. Maybe Kayal wanted a shirt signed for his kid for Christmas? Or for a charity? Or for any number of reasons. Even if it’s for him, has no bearing on anything at all once the game is over.

Exactly this.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sad seeing any adult, BHA player or not, asking for an autograph. Children yes, grown men (they usually are) no.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Very difficult to understand the number of half and half scarves today. If you want to support Brighton, wear blue. If not, get a ticket in the away end or stay at home and let someone who wants to support us come.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Very difficult to understand the number of half and half scarves today. If you want to support Brighton, wear blue. If not, get a ticket in the away end or stay at home and let someone who wants to support us come.

I saw a couple of half and halvers and made a point of listening to their accent. Most seemed to be German. I guess I can kind of accept that, a tourist with some memorabilia.

But then I saw some ******* walking back through Haywards Heath with one. A guy in his 20s. What a ****.

If I was Hughton I would definitely stop the players getting autographs, especially pre match. It sends out such a bad signal. Brighton are a Premier League club, we’re not here to make up the numbers. We should be doing our best to intimidate the away team, not as for their ****ing autograph FFS.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I saw a couple of half and halvers and made a point of listening to their accent. Most seemed to be German. I guess I can kind of accept that, a tourist with some memorabilia.

But then I saw some ******* walking back through Haywards Heath with one. A guy in his 20s. What a ****.

If I was Hughton I would definitely stop the players getting autographs, especially pre match. It sends out such a bad signal. Brighton are a Premier League club, we’re not here to make up the numbers. We should be doing our best to intimidate the away team, not as for their ****ing autograph FFS.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s all very well having an eye on a big club when we were in the lower divisions, but once you reach the promised land it’s time to pin your colours to the mast.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Couldn’t agree more. It’s all very well having an eye on a big club when we were in the lower divisions, but once you reach the promised land it’s time to pin your colours to the mast.

This. It’s time to decide. Pick Brighton or **** off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here