Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One in Ten Glenn

Odd to say but apart from missed chances didnt think he had bad game. Hope we stick with him because better then Hemed

Yep - nightmare yesterday but we’d have happy before start of the game Murray getting such gilt edged chances

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What a harsh, fickle thread.

All strikers miss chances and none that I have seen ever have a 100% hit rate.

Murray has been brilliant for us this season and has scored the winning goals in two of our games. To read all the not good enough rubbish above because he hasn't scored for a couple of games highlights how flaky some fans are - there was a thread on here a month ago about whether he was a Brighton or not! For a 34 year old striker with as many miles on the clock as Murray to achieve what he has this season is pretty impressive in my book.

The world and his wife know we need a new striker with pace, so please stop slagging him off or questioning his commitment because he's had an off day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bless.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The positive spin on this is that he got into good scoring opportunities, something he did not do last week at MU when two balls were fired across the 6 yard box and he was hanging back. However, I though he was excellent against MU and worked his socks off but seemed more reluctant to press yesterday possibly due to tiredness with the midweek game too. I was surprised CH didn’t start Hemed to harry their defence more than Murray is able to as it was obvious how we would be set up.

Bizarre as it sounds, but I did enjoy watching Liverpool’s pressing and speed in countering attacking. A better defence and they would easily be challenging for top spot.

The only bizarre statement in this post is 'due to tiredness'? Are you being serious?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Very well said. Missed a few today but where would we be without him? In the Championship that’s where. Unbelievably unfair for people to slag him off.

Totally fair to criticise if he has a bad game, I'm sure even Messi gets it in the neck if he has a bad one. Is this a no go zone for saying how you felt a player played? Would you have told people to get off his back if he had a blinder and we were all praising him?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He was shocking today, apart from missing 3 out of 4 absolute winners, he didn't chase the ball down, he seemed to be in 'I don't give a f'uck' mode. We, as the paying public spend our hard earnt to go watch these overpaid prima donnas and today I could not be more harsh about our Glenn, but he did nothing to inspire the faithful.

Demonstrably wrong. The Liverpool game was one where he did chase the keeper and defenders down a lot. In other matches, that criticism might hold some water, but not yesterday.

As for not chasing the ball down - as we have all seen and understood by now (or really should have understood by now) is that we don't play a high-pressing game in this league. We play a zonal defensive formation seeking to snuff out any advancement by the opposition, which requires a lot of discipline. Glenn, like everyone else, has his specific duty. It doesn't always involve going to the man with the ball and chasing him down, lest it create a space behind.

We did that brilliantly against Manchester United, and for the first 30 minutes against Liverpool. And Glenn did his bit in that formation.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Demonstrably wrong. The Liverpool game was one where he did chase the keeper and defenders down a lot. In other matches, that criticism might hold some water, but not yesterday.

As for not chasing the ball down - as we have all seen and understood by now (or really should have understood by now) is that we don't play a high-pressing game in this league. We play a zonal defensive formation seeking to snuff out any advancement by the opposition, which requires a lot of discipline. Glenn, like everyone else, has his specific duty. It doesn't always involve going to the man with the ball and chasing him down, lest it create a space behind.

We did that brilliantly against Manchester United, and for the first 30 minutes against Liverpool. And Glenn did his bit in that formation.

That's your opinion and you are welcome to share it. Mine, however, stays the same.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Different wind blowing and he has a hat trick today. I don't know how we've conspired to lose that by that margin

17% of goals are with his left foot. Cross from a different side?

Pressing is chasing shadows against a good passing side.

Firmino was exceptional at making interceptions (3) in our half of the pitch. Murray does not do this at all. Baldock might.

I think Klopp identified weaknesses and they had the players to exploit them. That does not explain the terrible first goal though.

Last edited:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
The only bizarre statement in this post is 'due to tiredness'? Are you being serious?

Well I wouldn’t have written it if I wasn’t. Three PL games in a week for a 34 year old striker playing on his own up front, nd with no support yesterday, and you don’t think tiredness might kick in.

You say in a earlier post you thought Murray was shocking, which is a ridiculous and somewhat idiotic comment to make. Yes he missed one good opportunity in the second half, the other two chances were not so clear cut. But hey we lost heavily so it’s understandable that the moaning fraternity of NSC come out of the woodwork.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I also heard whispers we have had an offer for a striker accepted.

Was that Warren Aspinall on BBC Radio Sussex ? (He actually said Albion were in advanced talks - hardly a surprise . We’d pretty much agreed a fee and terms with a striker late in the day in August.- Andone . But likely club will want this out of the way ASAP in January)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Without wishing to stoke up an old point Ulloa, who was on the bench for Leicester, would have had
a hatrick yesterday I felt.

I watched Ulloa a lot in 2013/14 and clinical he wasn’t. His champ and prem record aren’t as good as GM.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well I wouldn’t have written it if I wasn’t. Three PL games in a week for a 34 year old striker playing on his own up front, nd with no support yesterday, and you don’t think tiredness might kick in.

You say in a earlier post you thought Murray was shocking, which is a ridiculous and somewhat idiotic comment to make. Yes he missed one good opportunity in the second half, the other two chances were not so clear cut. But hey we lost heavily so it’s understandable that the moaning fraternity of NSC come out of the woodwork.

Bit aggressive aren't you? So you're telling me a 34 year old packing in 180 minutes in 7 days will be tired? Same 34 year old that was playing earlier this year in the Championship three times a week? A professional footballer that trains on a daily basis is tired from two games in 4 days? Okie dokie. It is somewhat sad that an opinion is taken as 'idiotic' because it doesn't fit in with someone else's agenda, but hey ho, there are all types in life.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Bit aggressive aren't you? So you're telling me a 34 year old packing in 180 minutes in 7 days will be tired? Same 34 year old that was playing earlier this year in the Championship three times a week? A professional footballer that trains on a daily basis is tired from two games in 4 days? Okie dokie. It is somewhat sad that an opinion is taken as 'idiotic' because it doesn't fit in with someone else's agenda, but hey ho, there are all types in life.

We’ll have to just disagree as to whether Murray might have been tired after 3 games in a week (270 mins in 7 days, by the way) or was just shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here