Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Well done to those that stayed behind & clapped the lads off

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A result like today was always going to happen. Happy to stay and clap and sing the team off, they need to know that we will stick by them even when it goes wrong. Pleased not to hear a single boo. Don’t care who left or stayed just pleased that those who stayed felt the same as me

This

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's been a hell of a week. I was worried about today's game as I thought the two high intensity matches against United and Palace would have taken a lot out of us.

Now it's nice to have a midweek off and for Chris to get the team ready for Burnley.

You just have to sit back and admire Liverpool. Always entertaining. Just so puzzled by the thousands of early leavers when our lads gave everything although as BBasic has explained, sometimes it's understandable and best wishes to his mother.

Got Hudds and Spurs before Burnley [emoji33][emoji33]

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Agreed it was great that so many of us stayed to clap the boys off and the atmosphere was electric, but I don't have a problem with those who want to leave early, makes the trains easier for me.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Decent thread derailed by the usual chipping in with their excuses.

The North needs a new demographic. Should be the stand that is still packed until the last kick of the game. Aside from the few back rows all along and pockets towards the police box, it looked emptier than the east at FT today.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I had a gig and a ladsladslads night to organise in town tonight, and I did gutlessly half-plan to leave if the heroes hadn't had a shot on target by the 70th minute, but the atmosphere at the end was triffic. Not that I, as a lifeless gnat, can pass any sort of judgement, but I sensed our fans were realistic and appreciative today

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Thought atmosphere was understandably flat today but excellent near the end once the day-trippers had left.
Will be needed during the second half of the season.

I thought the atmosphere was great. Fans did a great job.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Well done to those - like me - who left early to get away from the ground quickly as well. I had my feet up watching last night's I'm A Celebrity on catch up by 5.30pm

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Never mind the final score and result - we're playing Liverpool at home in The Premier League at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. There's Lewis Dunk and Solly March on the pitch afterwards - clap them off?! - I cheered them off. We stand or fall.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
It's been a hell of a week. I was worried about today's game as I thought the two high intensity matches against United and Palace would have taken a lot out of us.

Now it's nice to have a midweek off and for Chris to get the team ready for Burnley.

You just have to sit back and admire Liverpool. Always entertaining. Just so puzzled by the thousands of early leavers when our lads gave everything although as BBasic has explained, sometimes it's understandable and best wishes to his mother.

Chris to get the team ready for Burnley. or even Huddersfield and Tottenham.....

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Never mind the final score and result - we're playing Liverpool at home in The Premier League at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. There's Lewis Dunk and Solly March on the pitch afterwards - clap them off?! - I cheered them off. We stand or fall.
This. If you add the names of every other Albion player to thoee of the two local lads...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This. If you add the names of every other Albion player to thoee of the two local lads...

Fair enough. Correct me if I'm wrong though, but they did not have one Scouser in their match-day squad. We had the aforementioned Dunk and March.

FT: Brighton and Hove Albion 1 - Liverpool 5

I feel pretty good tonight, all things considered.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Fair enough. Correct me if I'm wrong though, but they did not have one Scouser in their match-day squad. We had the aforementioned Dunk and March.

FT: Brighton and Hove Albion 1 - Liverpool 5

I feel pretty good tonight, all things considered.
Yes, you're right to highlight the actual Sussex boys in white and blue... it is a brilliant thing that we have two such good ones in our Premier League team.

I was just being a bit defensive about the others in the context of all the nonsense on here about X, Y and Z underperforming...

Like you, I was very happy to clap and cheer them all off. Wholehearted effort and high skill levels from all.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Every game, win or lose, stay to the end and clap your team off.
That's the deal, that's what you do.
Nothing else is acceptable.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And sang their hearts out - a real show of togetherness from the realist, loyal fans - just like when we were done by Boro 2 seasons ago. The message was clear — days like today happen in this league, heads up and move straight on to the next one - we’re right behind you and you’re doing brilliant - well done :bhasign:

I thank you... to

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Every game, win or lose, stay to the end and clap your team off.
That's the deal, that's what you do.
Nothing else is acceptable.

Every game, make a decision.
Three hour drive home as STH living in Bristol.
Don't be insufferably arrogant by assuming only acceptable behaviour is to have another hour of waiting for bus.
Leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here