Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Well done to those that stayed behind & clapped the lads off

Every game, make a decision.
Three hour drive home as STH living in Bristol.
Don't be insufferably arrogant by assuming only acceptable behaviour is to have another hour of waiting for bus.
Leave.
Seriously, don't rise to the bait of these tossers.
Most of them don't even know where Withdean is.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I was happy to stay and clap the lads off. All I ask of whatever team we put out is that our players give 100% and something to cheer. We did both against a team containing one of the best players in the world in the form of Coutinho. For half an hour in the second half we really gave it a go. It was also a far better game of football to watch than we've seen in a while.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
It's been a hell of a week. I was worried about today's game as I thought the two high intensity matches against United and Palace would have taken a lot out of us.

Now it's nice to have a midweek off and for Chris to get the team ready for Burnley.

You just have to sit back and admire Liverpool. Always entertaining. Just so puzzled by the thousands of early leavers when our lads gave everything although as BBasic has explained, sometimes it's understandable and best wishes to his mother.

I got moaned at for leaving the Gillingham home game, when it went to extra time, My crime was I had a 4 tear old daughter and a 7 year old son. we got home at 10 minutes past 12.

And my daughter has never gone again because of the nastiness!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Seriously, don't rise to the bait of these tossers.
Most of them don't even know where Withdean is.

You are right of course. Just that this particular thread topic comes up tediously often, and would hope that the tossers a) realise that other folk might have lives beyond Amex; b) even if they don’t, that they are wasting energy because it ain’t going to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Every game, make a decision.
Three hour drive home as STH living in Bristol.
Don't be insufferably arrogant by assuming only acceptable behaviour is to have another hour of waiting for bus.
Leave.

Playing devil's advocate, there are not thousands upon thousands of our fans who live far afield, have pressing personal matters etc.and that therefore require them flocking out from 75 minutes onwards,, and while people are absolutely right in saying it is none of anyone's business what a paying attendee does, there is a middle ground debate to be had on this over the ground being 10+ thousand less full at the final whistle every single game.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You are right of course. Just that this particular thread topic comes up tediously often, and would hope that the tossers a) realise that other folk might have lives beyond Amex; b) even if they don’t, that they are wasting energy because it ain’t going to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree it is nobody else’s business. We drive down from Norfolk so have similar journey time and that means we like to stay to the bitter end so we can enjoy every moment. All I would ask is that people don’t leave at a crucial moment. We had people walking in front of us whilst Liverpool were taking a free kick on the edge of the penalty area. At the cricket, people understand that they shouldn‘t get up and leave whilst a ball is being bowled and it would be nice if people at the football could show similar consideration. Other than that leave when you want, it doesn’t affect anyone else.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I got moaned at for leaving the Gillingham home game, when it went to extra time, My crime was I had a 4 tear old daughter and a 7 year old son. we got home at 10 minutes past 12.

And my daughter has never gone again because of the nastiness!

I hope she's finally forgiven you and will give the club another chance. Those were very dark days. I don't blame you. :thumbsup:

Edit: First midweek game at the Amex. I am a tool. Sorry for not digesting your post properly. :lolol:

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Just a thought......if everyone stayed to the bitter end, there would be complete chaos outside the ground. The station area would be gridlocked and no-one would be able to pass through and over to the Uni/A27 area and passage to the Bridge car park would be restricted. The trickle that starts around 85 minutes, builds up at 88-90 minutes and becomes a steady flow during stoppage time, is ideal. It gets a lot of people away from the ground before the main body leave at FT.
Those that stay to clap the players off benefit from the early leavers and vice versa. Each to their own.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Jesus this debate is tiresome

-people can do what they want
-watching the Albion is not the only priority people have. I reckon loads of our STH are nothing more than fairly casual supporters (or we’re their second team)
-it’s the same at every other ground
-if everyone left after the final whistle it would be chaos on the trains and buses

Personally don’t leave before the end, but that’s my choice. Valid point above about those that do not doing it when something is happening and obstructing the view. Use a bit of common sense. It’s frustrating looking at a half empty ground when the players walk round, but it ain’t going to change.

Eurobound

Brazil 2014- here we come
Nov 3, 2003
sometimes i leave, not often, but when i think ive seen a lack of desire, or i need the loo and wont come back etc etc

I didnt leave early at this Liverpool game, because i genuinely felt for the lads. They may not have been the greatest, but they certainly tried

And they needed cheering/ clapping off to show our support

I am more likely to leave early when we are a coupleup

Support the lads
north stander- who nowadays needs to sit. LOL. (But didnt today)

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I hope she's finally forgiven you and will give the club another chance. Those were very dark days. I don't blame you. :thumbsup:

Edit: First midweek game at the Amex. I am a tool. Sorry for not digesting your post properly. :lolol:

I could never do that to them, that is beyond cruel :lolol:

And NO she will never go again!!

But me and the boy!! :amex: it suits me really to be honest!!

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
Would have been a stayer behind, but had to get home early as girlfriend was going out and my 18 month old daughter can't really look after herself! Did feel a bit dirty having to leave early.

The lads put in a good shift I thought and I think 5-1 was harsh, missed the last two goals having left, but am assuming they were down to tiredness and them just being exceptional going forward.

Was amazed though by the amount of people that do actually leave so early and how packed the station was on both sides of the platform and the twisty ramp on the side of the trains which go Lewes way, was absolutely mobbed. From my seat in the North stand you can tell a lot of people leave early, but when you actually see it, you actually think crikey what's the point of going to football to leave so early. And the number of people who are sprinting to the train station like they can't wait to get away from the place!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Playing devil's advocate, there are not thousands upon thousands of our fans who live far afield, have pressing personal matters etc.and that therefore require them flocking out from 75 minutes onwards,, and while people are absolutely right in saying it is none of anyone's business what a paying attendee does, there is a middle ground debate to be had on this over the ground being 10+ thousand less full at the final whistle every single game.

Additionally, if such a big proportion have to rush off because they have long journeys, etc, why doesn’t the away end empty first?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Additionally, if such a big proportion have to rush off because they have long journeys, etc, why doesn’t the away end empty first?

That doesn't happen at other grounds either.........and I suspect you'd find the vast majority of our away fans are the same ones that stay till the end at home.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That doesn't happen at other grounds either.........and I suspect you'd find the vast majority of our away fans are the same ones that stay till the end at home.

I realise that!

I was just disabusing the time old excuses rattled out for leaving early.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They deserved to clapped off imo. There was no lack of effort and how demoralising to leave the pitch with half the crowd jostling for the exits with no clapping from fans. I’m never in a hurry to leave so enjoy watching the reaction of players as they leave the field before I get a drink and hang around for an hour or so.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

It's a good point, but a fairly obvious answer as I'm sure you probably knew and were alluding to. They are the people who are taking the time to support the club up and down the country. If they are prepared to write off an entire Saturday for something they are passionate about then an extra 30mins in a queue is neither here nor there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here