Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Age finally catching up on Bruno ?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Bong was absolutely outstanding for the first 20 minutes or so, and no worse than anyone else after that. Distribution lets him down sometimes but he’s a decent defender. Seems to be the first player those who have to moan about something decide to pick on.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Age is catching up with him - the physical intensity of this league is far higher - he will and did struggle with 2 games in a week, in my opinion. He starts next week though, but with Spurs and Burnley coming fast on the spin after that, what do we do?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I don’t think this is a Bruno issue, and I don’t think this is an age issue.
The issue is Some of the players in our newly-promoted team struggle against some of the very best players in the world. Hardy surprising.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The issue is Some of the players in our newly-promoted team struggle against some of the very best players in the world. Hardy surprising.

This.

I thought Bruno was going to get annihilated this season, simply due to his age against pacey/gifted LW'ers. Instead, he has been immense.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
37 or not etc, etc - There is still nobody better for the right back berth and who also encapsulates this football club just by playing for it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bong was arguably man of the match today.

Thought Bong was very good in the first half, particularly as Brown offered very little help. He was a little to blame for the second, as he had absolutely no idea where the scorer was.

Second half he was ok as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Up in the West Upper, don't actually hate him but agree that he is poor from start to finish.
I wonder if they had the same comments today that Propper, Gross, and Stephens were also poor today! Oh wait a minute there not called Gaetan Bong, so probably not. Blinkered.

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Excatly this - no-one looked assured today. Liverpool turned on the best away performance ever at Amex, eclipsing Boro's 3-0 2 years ago. Better teams than ours have struggled against Firmino, Coutinho, and Salah. Not a day to judge anyone individually, except to say the best 10 players on the pitch wore red. Move on.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Bong was absolutely outstanding for the first 20 minutes or so, and no worse than anyone else after that. Distribution lets him down sometimes but he’s a decent defender. Seems to be the first player those who have to moan about something decide to pick on.
Yes, Others totally get away without a slating. Strange, not sure what he has done to get such a strong reaction of hatred. Not like he does not try to bond with the fans, is lazy, alienates himself from his peers, that you can understand the hatred. Others are shit at times, have poor games, misplace passes, missed tackles, final ball, although get away without any negativity.
I just suspose it is human nature with picking on somebody! Always has been, always will unfortunately.

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Bong is a liability. Adds nothing going forward and is just about passable as a defender. Never passes to Jose unless he is about 2 yards away from him.

I did wonder why he was playing instead of Sutner who to me is a better player, better defender and more reliable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here