Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Age finally catching up on Bruno ?

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
He is our best right back. Quite considerably so as well. Therefore until someone else is better than him, then he will be starting for the foreseeable future.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Conceded two further goals when he went off.

Clearly injured, Hughton should have subbed him at 60 mins, when he started stretching his groin and back.

Fine in the first half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Unbelievable, what did he do wrong? I really think people prejudge players and have their comments made up prior to the game.

I thought Bong was MOTM until I saw the highlights , he was at fault for the goals 3 times .

Bruno was as as good as or better than most of our players.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Ludicrous kneejerk criticism of our players this evening.

Good old NSC.

I know this thread is targeting our brilliant captain but most of the rest of the team have come in for stick on other threads.

We played a superb team full of world class players who are in great form. With a bit more luck all these slow/clueless/uncommitted numpties of ours could have run them pretty close...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Am I missing the point here, or are you being ironic as you have started 4 posts this evening criticising the players?

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Unbelievable, what did he do wrong? I really think people prejudge players and have their comments made up prior to the game.

I thought Bong was MOTM until I saw the highlights , he was at fault for the goals 3 times .

For the record, I don’t think he did much wrong in the game - my observations are based on the fact that he seemed to be blowing quite heavily throughout the game, there seems a greater reluctance to overlap Knocky as often as we’ve seen in the past, and that he tends to prefer to have several touches when he receives a pass when there is often great opportunities to release an early pass forward to someone running into space - resulting in him turning to make a safe pass backwards / sideways to Duffy.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Bong is a liability. Adds nothing going forward and is just about passable as a defender. Never passes to Jose unless he is about 2 yards away from him.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Bruno was class today.

Where I was sitting in the NS, everyone around me hated Bong and his performance from start to finish.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Have been thinking it for a few games now but today really made me think that age is finally catching up on Bruno as he seems to be struggling more and more with the pace of this league. He seems to need more touches on the ball these days and is less of an attacking threat in support of Knockaert than ever before.

Anyone else thinking he needs a break to freshen things up down the right flank ?

And before anyone jumps down my throat for saying this, it’s not intended as criticism of him as he’ll always be a legend - but all good things must come to an end and i’m starting to feel that we need fresher legs in that right back spot sooner rather than later, which might also help improve Knocky’s performances as an attacking threat as well.

Yep , has cost us a couple of goals , which has lost us points , been giving the ball away far to much lately , could do with a rest

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He ran out of steam today and should have gone off 15 min earlier, but he has been great until that. Still a star for me

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'd be far more concerned about Bong. Appalling use of the ball at thus level. Not great positionally either. Absolute worst type of player versus a high pressing team. Liverpool knew to close him as he's so poor.

Bong was arguably man of the match today.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
To play three games in eight days, yes.

Exactly this. He will be fine when we are back to one a game a week.

It's a shame we don't seem to have someone good enough to give him the odd game off. Where is Rosenier?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bong was arguably man of the match today.

Agreed, no idea what game the Bong haters were watching.

Re Bruno, I think three games in a week was too much, but he has been class for the most part this season.

I am quite excited about seeing The Greyhound get a full game soon though.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Have been thinking it for a few games now but today really made me think that age is finally catching up on Bruno as he seems to be struggling more and more with the pace of this league. He seems to need more touches on the ball these days and is less of an attacking threat in support of Knockaert than ever before.

Anyone else thinking he needs a break to freshen things up down the right flank ?

And before anyone jumps down my throat for saying this, it’s not intended as criticism of him as he’ll always be a legend - but all good things must come to an end and i’m starting to feel that we need fresher legs in that right back spot sooner rather than later, which might also help improve Knocky’s performances as an attacking threat as well.

Assume you weren’t at Old Trafford last weekend?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here