Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Substitutions

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Thought CHs decisions were very poor today with the subs. We had some momentum at 1-3 and Brown and AK arguably our better two players. A like for like change for two wingers was never going to change the game for the better at that stage. As it turned out we went totally flat afterwards. Murray was having a shocker imo and can’t believe Hemed wasn’t brought on to either play with him or to replace.

I love Chris but would love to see some subs that really look to positively change the way we’re playing occasionally.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
Brown was our best player? If that's a joke, I really don't get it...

Izquierdo looked decent and actually gave Robertson something to think about. Brown just stood on the spot and rotated.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Brown was our best player? If that's a joke, I really don't get it...

Izquierdo looked decent and actually gave Robertson something to think about. Brown just stood on the spot and rotated.

Did you notice that pass he stuck on Murray’s foot ten yards from goal? Anyway look at the Izzy Brown thread plenty of others saying he had a great game.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
We needed pace today so starting Brown was unexpected (although the radio was very complementary about his second half performance). With pace up top being a problem as of late, I’m surprised that Baldock was not on the bench. Is he still injured, unfit or deemed not good enough? ???

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Chris's biggest failing as a manager is the terrible choices he makes for substitutions.

Why leave Murray on when he hasn't broken into a run all game, missed two sitters and only managed to hit the back of the net because he gets a close range chance where no one can challenge him. Why was he not taken off and Hemed brought on? And why oh why sub off Knocky, when he was actually showing the form, passion and talent he showed last season.

March for stephens and Hemed for Murray at 60-65 mins!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Today actually it probably does. By far the worst collective performance in a long time.

You didn’t see the Palace game then? That was a below par performance. This was pretty decent on the whole, as the appreciation of the team’s efforts at the end showed.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
Plenty of people on the radio saying he played well too so guess you’re on your own.

Nobody played well today. But, if more people on the radio say that he was great, who am I to stand in their way! I suppose we might as well give him player of the season now then

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
1 good pass does not make him one of our best players.

Didn't watch the rest of the game then? Seems you had decided he's no good and no amount of proof on the pitch was going to change your mind. He wasn't sensational but certainly one of our best players today.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Didn't watch the rest of the game then? Seems you had decided he's no good and no amount of proof on the pitch was going to change your mind. He wasn't sensational but certainly one of our best players today.

And I think Hughton just said he was one of the positives to come out of today - good enough for me.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
And I think Hughton just said he was one of the positives to come out of today - good enough for me.
You are easily pleased if you trust the opinion of Hughton. There are many people posting on here tonight who you should be listening to instead.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
You are easily pleased if you trust the opinion of Hughton. There are many people posting on here tonight who you should be listening to instead.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes, most of them saying Brown was one of our best players. Which, in my opinion, he was. As did Hughton and a lot of callers to radio Sussex. I also particularly hate our scapegoating of a player.
Edit: I think I may have missed your sarcasm!

Last edited:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Thought CHs decisions were very poor today with the subs. We had some momentum at 1-3 and Brown and AK arguably our better two players. A like for like change for two wingers was never going to change the game for the better at that stage. As it turned out we went totally flat afterwards. Murray was having a shocker imo and can’t believe Hemed wasn’t brought on to either play with him or to replace.

I love Chris but would love to see some subs that really look to positively change the way we’re playing occasionally.

Brown came off as he was struggling which is why he left the ball played up the line and was then hanging by he touchline until the sub was made. Thought AK was the only odd change today and would have used that to replace Murray with Hemed

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here