Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Second Ashes Test Australia vs England Adelaide 2nd-6th December 2017

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nice to see a bit of a fight back tonight but probably too little too late. One small but significant point..... What do we do when Jimmy Anderson hangs up his boots?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
With England's batting, the 2 evening sessions, the lead is probably enough right now to be honest, good to see the Aussies not having it all their own way though. Disappointing thing is they're clearly not as good to justify the hammering they're giving us at present.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
With England's batting, the 2 evening sessions, the lead is probably enough right now to be honest, good to see the Aussies not having it all their own way though. Disappointing thing is they're clearly not as good to justify the hammering they're giving us at present.

Average 4th innings score at Adelaide is 213.............................Aussies could declare now and win easily

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sadly for Sussex there is a bloke called Jofra Archer waiting in the wings...
He is going to have to be a very special talent to match Jimmy's ability and luck with injuries. But, hey ho, records are made to be broken.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
He is going to have to be a very special talent to match Jimmy's ability and luck with injuries. But, hey ho, records are made to be broken.

Agree he doesn't have Andersons skill set at present but he does have pace and the word is he can get quicker. It would be nice to have a 90MPH plus England bowler (who occasionally played for Sussex). In regard to injuries I seem to recall Anderson had a lot early in his career, he must have done something to sort it out?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Agree he doesn't have Andersons skill set at present but he does have pace and the word is he can get quicker. It would be nice to have a 90MPH plus England bowler (who occasionally played for Sussex). In regard to injuries I seem to recall Anderson had a lot early in his career, he must have done something to sort it out?
I think Anderson struggled a bit with intercostal strains but the key to his longevity I think is the reduced workload he has had and thorough preparation before bowling.
Luckily he has a good action and has not suffered with the major injuries that bowlers can have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here