Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Second Ashes Test Australia vs England Adelaide 2nd-6th December 2017

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
England 219/8 at dinner. Any chance of retaining the Ashes rather depend on the next hour in my opinion.

It would be a tremendous rearguard effort to escape with a draw from this position given today's disaster. Obviously that depends on an awful lot of things being done properly, starting with avoiding the follow on (ideally inching towards 300) and the batsmen digging in once Australia have amassed their unassailable target. If we do get beyond the follow on, Woakes and Overton will understandably be praised for that partnership, but let's not forget their woeful buffet benefit-match power-puff bowling yesterday evening to Cummins and Marsh that was partly responsible for taking the England win out of the match equation.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
England 219/8 at dinner. Any chance of retaining the Ashes rather depend on the next hour in my opinion.

It would be a tremendous rearguard effort to escape with a draw from this position given today's disaster. Obviously that depends on an awful lot of things being done properly, starting with avoiding the follow on (ideally inching towards 300) and the batsmen digging in once Australia have amassed their unassailable target. If we do get beyond the follow on, Woakes and Overton will understandably be praised for that partnership, but let's not forget their woeful buffet benefit-match power-puff bowling yesterday evening to Cummins and Marsh that was partly responsible for taking the England win out of the match equation.

Aussies woudn't enforce the follow on anyway.................

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Aussies woudn't enforce the follow on anyway.................

Yeah. They're a little nervous of that these days... Depends on the weather forecast.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I blame BT Sport as soon as they start showing Ashes cricket we are rubbish. For the good of the game they should give up their rights now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I blame BT Sport as soon as they start showing Ashes cricket we are rubbish. For the good of the game they should give up their rights now.

Apart from 2010/2011 we have been absolute gash when touring Australia for the last 3 decades.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Utter embarrassment, heads should roll but as long as the ECB can charge extortionate rates for test cricket and get full stadia nothing will change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here