Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Second Ashes Test Australia vs England Adelaide 2nd-6th December 2017

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
and now Ali... marginal 2x umpires call... but it's Good Night Vienna.

Got to wonder about those, not much benefit of the doubt in either dismissal from the on field umpires.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Got to wonder about those, not much benefit of the doubt in either dismissal from the on field umpires.
but basically it was OUT... so fair enough for the umpire to give it. Defintely not the howler DRS was introduced to eradicate.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They could now at least lose quickly so I can go back to bed.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
After the heroics of last night, what a damp squib.
They had all day today so should have used the Boycott method and picked up runs when they could.
2 - 0, making my 2 - 2 draw and England keeping the Ashes bet looking sad.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm in the corridor of uncertainty, but I've decided to stay up.

First mug of tea of the day is served.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Glad I didn't get tickets for the WACA now, every time I've been there we have taken a licking, 5 - 0 looking good now.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Same old England not good enough all over the park inexperienced . Top players under performing cook for one . Leaving stokes out wherever happened to innocent until proven guilty ? Root needs to learn quick from his mistakes series lost pack up come home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I almost fell for the upbeat hype after close of play yesterday... Yes England could make those 170 runs you win, on paper....then I remembered we were playing the Aussies and they won't let us off the hook 2 days running...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No bottle

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Glad I didn't get tickets for the WACA now, every time I've been there we have taken a licking, 5 - 0 looking good now.

England have only ever won once there - and that was in 1978 when Australia lost their entire team to Packer and picked a bunch of second stringers led by a retired 40-something. The omens aren't good

EDIT. My memory was faulty on this. Simpson was captain the previous series, against India. Yallop was in charge in 78/79

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Have to say I was worried about what I was going to wake up to this morning. As an Aussie, I'm quite happy with the result.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Checked the Iphone at 5.15, gutted went back to sleep. There are 5 days in a test match, not 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here