Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Second Ashes Test Australia vs England Adelaide 2nd-6th December 2017

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What a shambles.

That is up there with Nasser Hussain putting them in

No, nothing will ever be up there with that one. Root's decision had a very small amount of justification. Nasser's had minus.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
As true now as it was then.

quote-when-you-win-the-toss-bat-if-you-are-in-doubt-think-about-it-then-bat-if-you-have-very-w-g.jpg

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The direction it’s heading in is 5-0. That’s been the case since day two of the first test.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
James Vince. Most technically correct batsman in the country- yet with a rotten shot selection waiting like a troll under the Bridge Of Many Runs.. (or John Crawley Bridge as I call it).

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What justification?

First session weather conditions. Heavy cloud and muggy. Whether he had noted that teams batting second in day-nighters in Adelaide have done well.

It may have been that his bowlers asked for it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
First session weather conditions. Heavy cloud and muggy. Whether he had noted that teams batting second in day-nighters in Adelaide have done well.

It may have been that his bowlers asked for it.

It wasn't what the bowlers asked for because Overton pretty much confirmed how that happened at the end of the first day. Root fancied bowling and put it to the bowlers, not the other way round. Weather is as weak a justification as you can give really as weather can change pretty quickly, you'd have to balance that with the pitch which has looked absolutely fine.

Root was obviously thinking these things, I just don't know why you view Nasser's decision as having no justification, but back Root in his? :shrug:

Last edited:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It wasn't what the bowlers asked for because Overton pretty much confirmed how that happened at the end of the second day. Root fancied bowling and put it to the bowlers, not the other way round. Weather is as weak a justification as you can give really as weather can change pretty quickly, you'd have to balance that with the pitch which has looked absolutely fine.

Root was obviously thinking these things, I just don't know why you view Nasser's decision as having no justification, but back Root in his? :shrug:

I wouldn't back Root's. See first entry.

But on a flat top at Brisbane on the first day of a series- and against that line up.....

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We’re getting absolutely pummelled in Australia AGAIN, this team are a disgrace. Send them home NOW.

My tenner on 5-0 at 11/1 at the start of the series looks very good value.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here