Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Second Ashes Test Australia vs England Adelaide 2nd-6th December 2017

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
How can you say he is wrong when the summing up of our bowlers is right on the knuckle. Our main strike bowlers are not as fast as Australia and the rest look medium pace. Ali and Root look like they couldnt bowl out or stop a village cricketer scoring.in comparison to Lyons. This is the best we have to play the Aussies and they have shown they are not good enough., Boycott was one of our best ever batsmen and certainly knows what he is talking about irrespective of him as a man.

Boycott, apart from being a disgusting human being, was one of the most boring players in any sport that the world
has ever known.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I think that most people expected us to at least compete even if we lost the series unfortunately that hasn't happened as yet. granted we lost Stokes but surely he was not the difference between winning and getting annihilated.
Losing Stokes was the difference between having a punchers chance and definitely losing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To win a series in Australia the cards all have to fall in the right places and it is clear even with Stokes we'd have had our work cut out:

1. A novice captain.
2. Top order woes.
3. Ageing pace attack.
4. No spinner in Lyon's league.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
So here we are 2-0 down and staring at a 5-0 series defeat and young Ben Duckett gives Jimmy A an unofficial beer shampoo. I guess compared to the high jinks of Botham, Freddie et al this is small beer (sorry!), but whichever way you look at it, it ain't great. What's more Duckett is about 5 foot 6 so he is a bit silly doing this to a fast bowler, not to mention the best we've ever had.
Are the wheels falling off?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So here we are 2-0 down and staring at a 5-0 series defeat and young Ben Duckett gives Jimmy A an unofficial beer shampoo. I guess compared to the high jinks of Botham, Freddie et al this is small beer (sorry!), but whichever way you look at it, it ain't great. What's more Duckett is about 5 foot 6 so he is a bit silly doing this to a fast bowler, not to mention the best we've ever had.

Bet Jimmy saw the funny side.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

What is wrong with the ECB?

That is no reason to send someone home

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Boycott, apart from being a disgusting human being, was one of the most boring players in any sport that the world
has ever known.

Boycott was a brilliant batsman and winner. Building big, often slow, opening partnerships in his day was the norm in the 4 and 5 day cricket. A wealth of winning cricketing knowledge, like Botham.

If they see shit play on a tour they'll call it straight. Rather that than pompous bores scared to upset anyone.

This is yet another car crash tour of Oz.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That may be so but he was and is still very good at his job in relation to cricket.

Boycott was a brilliant batsman and winner. Building big, often slow, opening partnerships in his day was the norm in the 4 and 5 day cricket. A wealth of winning cricketing knowledge, like Botham.

If they see shit play on a tour they'll call it straight. Rather that than pompous bores scared to upset anyone.

This is yet another car crash tour of Oz.

You echoed my views on Boycott if only we had 1 such player now... Cook has been good but like the remainder of them they have been knocked out of their test match innings building rhythm by the short type cricket competitions.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
They crush us in every department over there.

We marginally beat them over here, despite all the condition advantages.

= they're simply far better fighters and sportsmen.
Whilst I don't necessarily disagree completely, we were the last to win an away series.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont follow the county scene so do not know the answer but looking at yesterdays cricket could Tim Curran come into the reckoning for a test place in the 3rd Test.not sure who to replace though.possibly Woakes who has generally been poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here