PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 2nd December 2017
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Graham Scott
Assistants: Peter Kirkup, Richard West
Fourth official: Stuart Attwell

TEAM NEWS

Brighton manager Chris Hughton looks set to recall left-back Gaetan Bong, who missed the draw with Crystal Palace because of a minor knee injury.

Steve Sidwell remains the Seagulls' only definite absentee as he continues to recover from back surgery.

Joel Matip has been ruled out for Liverpool after sustaining a muscle injury in the win at Stoke, but Ragnar Klavan may return from illness.

Adam Lallana is not yet fit to return while Nathaniel Clyne remains out.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Martin Fisher: "Only champions-elect Manchester City boast better current form than Liverpool. Since losing heavily to Spurs in mid-October, Jurgen Klopp's side has taken 13 points from a possible 15. The goals are flying in at one end and have stopped leaking in at the other.

"Even when named as a substitute, Mo Salah is red hot at the moment and the Premier League's top goalscorer has managed to push Philippe Coutinho and Sadio Mane in to the background.

"Brighton haven't lost at home since the opening day. Chris Hughton will be frustrated by four successive draws at the Amex, but I doubt he'll be too disappointed if that run stretches to five."

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp: "(Brighton) defend deep and together but they play football as well as they have the skilful players. It will be a good mix.

"They have had a few very good results already this season. It will not be easy for us but we are in a good moment too so we should use that."

Brighton manager Chris Hughton on Mohamed Salah: "At the moment he's outstanding. When you know a player's in form is when he's not in the starting line-up, comes off the bench and still manages to get two goals,.

"That's real quality form and they were different types of goals. We're very conscious of how well he's playing and the threat that he is."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]The two sides played out a 2-2 draw the last time they met in a top-flight fixture, at Brighton's former Goldstone Ground stadium in March 1983.
    [*=left]They have met in six cup competitions since that game, with Liverpool winning four times - including by 6-1 in their most recent encounter, which was an FA Cup fifth-round match at Anfield in February 2012.

Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in six Premier League home games, with the last four all ending in draws.
    [*=left]However, they have won only one of their last five league matches.
    [*=left]Chris Hughton has lost all three Premier League games as a manager against Liverpool. His Norwich side conceded 15 goals in the process.
    [*=left]Pascal Gross has been directly involved in eight of Brighton's 13 league goals this season, scoring three of them and assisting five others.

Liverpool

• [*=left]Liverpool are unbeaten in five league matches, winning four and scoring 14 goals.
    [*=left]The Reds have made a league-high 48 changes to their starting XI this season, which is 11 more than any other side.
    [*=left]Liverpool's 3-0 victory at Stoke was their first league away clean sheet this in 2017-18.
    [*=left]Away matches involving Liverpool this season have produced a league-high 31 goals.
    [*=left]Mohamed Salah's tally of 12 goals in his first 14 Premier League games for Liverpool is a club record.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Should be the exact opposite of the Palarse game; mutual respect, good historic connections (players), no tin pottery. I can't wait.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Its going to be interesting to see if our defence can hold up against the speed and skill of Salah and Mane. I'd not be surprised if Southgate watches this game closely to see how Dunk performs against world class forwards. Even so I'm betting on Albion 1-0.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We owe them one today

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Very excited about this one, and feeling strangely positive. Could be the halo effect of the Man U game, but I think we can compete against them, and now is the time to get on the end of some of those crosses and exploit a defence that can be shakey.

I like Liverpool. I like Klopp. I like the history of the club. I have a lot of respect for them. However, on minute 1 that'll be forgotten for the next 90.

Let's score some goals boys.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
We can definitely score goals against this defence, it’s whether we can stop them from scoring more that will be the issue. Salah is absolutely on fire.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really depends which Liverpool team turns up and it will be a strong one as neigh on a dead rubber for their Champions League game on Wednesday.

They have been absolutely brilliant at times but also quite poor.

Let's hope the not so good Liverpool turns up today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Feel nice and relaxed about this - I suppose it's because it's one of the games against the Big 6 where we don't expect to get anything. An afternoon to enjoy, then, with potentially a massive bonus if we get anything from the game.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
2-0 to the good guys.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Would happily accept a bore score draw but you never know!

Normally I'd agree but home draws vs Southampton, Everton, Stoke, Palace etc mean we really need to start digging out 3 points in some home fixtures soon, regardless of the reputation of the visiting side. Too many draws is what ultimately what did for Middlesborough last season.

Need 3 points and if we can run at their back 4 and their dodgy keeper that is not impossible.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why do people get their nickers in a twist about half and half scarves..don’t care for them personally you are bound to get them when a smaller club plays a larger one..though it would be a bit weird if it were a Brighton and Huddersfield one

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here