Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
1 point from 9, no goals from open play for 3 games, very shakey defence, lack of passing to our own players, all in all a bad few weeks. Need a result at Huddersfield for sure now.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Did we perhaps need a result like that to wake us up? It feels like people are treating survival as a foregone conclusion, that our defence is too good, we won't get overrun by anyone. We're one of only a couple of teams to not concede more than two goals in a game. Oh, it doesn't matter that we only got a draw against struggling stoke and everton and southampton, that we didn't get a goal v 10-man watford. We're as good as in the premier league next season!

Perhaps this will make people realise it's not going to be the easy stroll perhaps some people were beginning to think it was. If we want to stay up, we want to look at more than just draws against traditionally mid-table sides.
Quite agree. Those four consecutive home draws are rather worrying - when looking at where the points we need are likely to come from, we'd have certainly be looking for more than four points from those games. Hope they don't come back to bite us.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
1 point from 9, no goals from open play for 3 games, very shakey defence, lack of passing to our own players, all in all a bad few weeks. Need a result at Huddersfield for sure now.

Could be worse, Newcastle have 1 point from 18 now.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just watched replay highlights, we really need a poacher up front.
Murray tries to be clever with little nicks and chips at goal when it needs a good kick.
He would miss an open goal at the moment.
Gave them too much respect, played for a loss but with limitations, it didn't work and we would have lost by a smaller margin had we gone for it I think.
The game against Manure should have given us the inspiration to play proper football, seems not.
Right, on to next week.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Losing by the odd goal after playing hard is tough, but o k. When you get turned over like that it hurts...it hurts.
But, as Fleetwood Mac used to sing:
" Don't stop thinking about tomorrow, yesterday's gone....yesterday's gone"
Look out Huddersfield!

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Could be worse, Newcastle have 1 point from 18 now.

Yet they only sit two points below us, I will take that at the end of the season but it's too close for comfort, when a team can lose 5/6 games and still be in touching distance.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Old Kloppy is an interesting character...waving his arms about like a windmill....berating players whilst standing in the Brighton technical area

I believe it was this standing right in front of CH that got him annoyed and not what IW thought
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/887382/Match-of-the-

IMG_0148.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Old Kloppy is an interesting character...waving his arms about like a windmill....berating players whilst standing in the Brighton technical area

I believe it was this standing right in front of CH that got him annoyed and not what IW thought
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/887382/Match-of-the-

View attachment 91666

Ok. So why have you shared a picture of him stood in his own technical area with his arms by his side and Chris Hughton out of shot?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ok. So why have you shared a picture of him stood in his own technical area with his arms by his side and Chris Hughton out of shot?

It was the only shot I had of him and he is the subject of my post....sorry i’ll try harder next time :moo:
Perhaps you’d like to contribute why CH was unusually brusque with an opposition manager

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It was the only shot I had of him and he is the subject of my post....sorry i’ll try harder next time :moo:
Perhaps you’d like to contribute why CH was unusually brusque with an opposition manager

There's no need to be so defensive, I'm not saying you're wrong about why Hughton was so brusque. I was just curious why you included a picture - it didn't support your point in any way. Just seemed an odd inclusion.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just watched replay highlights, we really need a poacher up front.
Murray tries to be clever with little nicks and chips at goal when it needs a good kick.
He would miss an open goal at the moment.
Gave them too much respect, played for a loss but with limitations, it didn't work and we would have lost by a smaller margin had we gone for it I think.
The game against Manure should have given us the inspiration to play proper football, seems not.
Right, on to next week.

Except we were toothless at OT. Some great crosses played into an empty box, as understandably we went for another great defensive display. So many bodies involved in achieving that, left little energy for players to get into their box in open play.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There's no need to be so defensive, I'm not saying you're wrong about why Hughton was so brusque. I was just curious why you included a picture - it didn't support your point in any way. Just seemed an odd inclusion.

I wasn’t being defensive..should have stuck a smiley face in ..so apologies if it came across that way ..do wish I had got the pic of Klopp doing what he did as it just seemed disrespectful

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Kayal and Brown? Sorry - I rest my case. Would be good if Kayal could have 15 or 20 minutes as a sub soon, though, but certainly not the time to chuck him in against a rampant Liverpool side. Brown seems to have done OK today, but not in central midfield.

I never said chuck them in against Liverpool I said could of rested maybe gross and Stephens at Utd away and maybe they would of been fresher for palace and Liverpool at Home .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Liverpool carrying on where they left off Saturday. 3-0 up inside 18 mins v Spartak.

kroqq

Mar 28, 2013
5-0 now. After 50 mins in a champions league match playing absolutely sensational football. We clearly played one of the best teams in the world on saturday. Dont feel so bad now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here