Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Friday night "Liverpool at home is the dullest game of the week" drinking thread

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wow. Carling Black Label. Is that still around? My first ever alcoholic drink in the sports fields at school. I also remember fingering a girl whom we shared a couple of cans at lunchtime.

And they say romance is dead. :wrong:

Largest selling lager in the UK mainly up north. Pays my wages so not all bad!!

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017
Been drinking white burgundy with seafood dinner at home... and a little whisky to finish as I'm already getting excited about tomorrow!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
weird that the black label in SA is I think 6% and really is the equivalent of Stella to an extend except much better tasting. Also available like most beers in quarts (750ml) bottles with a return on them for 70p ish

Carling Premier is the stronger one 4.7% over here but standard in SA is 5.5%

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
A nice smooth Malbec followed by a warming Sloe Gin and tonic.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Started off on the red wine earlier as Mr K came home with a bottle (and dinner).

He's gone to bed as he's up early for work though, so I'm back on the traditional sauvignon blanc :thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Was pretty knackered tonight really. Just had 4 cans of Punk whilst, amongst other things, watching Harty v Barber (very good it was too). One cat ill - cystitis, the other cat trying to fight the ill cat, or vice versa, not quite sure, not sure they're sure either. Full days work, vet this morning, keeping them apart, snoozing in the armchair, jumpers for goalposts. My Friday nights are so wild these days. Up at 8am to take the unwell kitty back to the vet. Oh the joy, bad cat week in the SN household.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Liverpool in the Premier League? It's like the under card for the other two games this week. How bizarre is that.

Anyway: Aspall Premier Cru.

Not for me. Best of the three.

Calvados nightcap.

Last edited:

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Salmon, roasted potato home fries, roasted carrot home fries with this beauty...

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
I had enough Flying Fish Hopfish IPA to be thoroughly confused about what this thread is about until page two. We had a hockey game to watch tonight, it didn't start until 9 p.m. as it was in Denver. Flying Fish is one of our local Jersey beers, it's been around since the beginning of our craft beer revolution. Hopfish is supposedly an English style IPA, with more balance and malt character than the West Coast IPAs that really took hold here. Pretty much just hop-water appealed to the less than informed beer drinker that can be amused by a highly bitter brew that lacks other character, is what hits home runs here. "New England IPAs" are beginning to become all the rage, though (because whatever is new and different wins in the US beer scene), which are essentially brighter English IPAs, the style that was popular when craft beer first became a thing here.

Flying Fish gets a bad reputation now and then, but it's because they stick to the classics. I can drink Hopfish like water, it's the perfect balance.

I'm pretty sure the brewery I work for, Shipyard, is the top selling US craft brand in the UK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here