Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Boris Johnson & London Stadium deal

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Because the stadium had to be seen to be being used to prevent it being called a waste of taxpayers money. So a deal, any deal had to be done with someone to take the heat off, at least for a while.

Was the stadium not agreed upon and budgets set by a previous government (labour)? I seem to recall when it was first agreed upon there was no thought about what use it may have after

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Every city that hosts the Olympics has the same problem with what to do with the venues afterwards. And every city gets into financial trouble as a result.

The Olympics should have a permanent home in Athens to stop all this nonsense.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not today I'm afraid, he's on official government business in Uxbridge, turning on their christmas lights.
Oh the life of an MP!

I hope you didn't pass up the opportunity to fling a small but perfectly formed piece of poo at him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Boris is a good laugh though, isn't he?
That makes him the best bet to take over from May, when the Tories kick her out,, surely?:ffsparr:

Its nailed on, mate. Nailed. On.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'd be on a plane.

Nothing more sad and pathetic as the old " I'll emigrate if XXX gets in " ..... if you can afford the flight why haven't you left already ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Next election, Corbin vs Boris

Do we laugh or cry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The public always gets the government it deserves.

I guess this must mean we deserve to be bent over and rogered :facepalm:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wideboys Sullivan & Gold had the state over a barrel.

Spuds were never going to move many miles to East London.

The wideboys knew that their rip off scheme was the only way the stadium wouldn't be mothballed for 50 weeks a year.

The mistakes go back to our being awarded the Olympics many years before. No strategic thinking on the stadium's design for post Olympics.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wideboys Sullivan & Gold had the state over a barrel.

Spuds were never going to move many miles to East London.

The wideboys knew that their rip off scheme was the only way the stadium wouldn't be mothballed for 50 weeks a year.

The mistakes go back to our being awarded the Olympics many years before. No strategic thinking on the stadium's design for post Olympics.

Should have built a 100000 seater football stadium (covr the tracks) and make Arsenal share it with Spuds. It would guarantee both of them heading rapidly for the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here