Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many points will we pick up in December?

How many points will we pick up in December?

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 2 1.2%

Votes: 9 5.3%

Votes: 8 4.7%

Votes: 12 7.1%

Votes: 27 15.9%

Votes: 33 19.4%

Votes: 27 15.9%

Votes: 21 12.4%

Votes: 13 7.6%

Votes: 6 3.5%

Votes: 6 3.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Too true to many blue and white specs being worn when voting on this thread.

We need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Incidentally i went for the 5 points!!!

Not happy about it though. :(

I smelt the coffee, saw 4 away games out of 7, 3 games against top 6, 2 of which were away, saw us having a dip, but battling through it to pick ourselves up to 4 points from the final 2 games of the year. Yeah I've got blue and white specs, but seriously, didn't people think it was just going to be a stroll through the park?

End of year report - happy. Honestly, 22points is a decent base to start the new year.

D

Deleted member 2719

I smelt the coffee, saw 4 away games out of 7, 3 games against top 6, 2 of which were away, saw us having a dip, but battling through it to pick ourselves up to 4 points from the final 2 games of the year. Yeah I've got blue and white specs, but seriously, didn't people think it was just going to be a stroll through the park?

End of year report - happy. Honestly, 22points is a decent base to start the new year.

Please don't get me wrong it's not a disaster, however unless Tony buys a proven Premier goal scorer and a creative midfielder, I don't believe Hughton will push the team forward enough to get 3 points when its realistic.

I just feel in typical Hughton style he will hang on to the death and with the run in we have that will be too late.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Please don't get me wrong it's not a disaster, however unless Tony buys a proven Premier goal scorer and a creative midfielder, I don't believe Hughton will push the team forward enough to get 3 points when its realistic.

I just feel in typical Hughton style he will hang on to the death and with the run in we have that will be too late.

I would suggest CH is a bit smarter than that.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Do you mean he will go for a win when realistic?

or he will not leave it until we play Man u and Liverpool in May?

I think, where realistic he will go for a win rather than waiting for Man U/Liverpool etc.

If I'm honest, and I've not read all of this thread, I find it hard to understand some peoples expectations this season. I looked at some comments after the Spurs and Chelsea games and people disappointed we've not "Had a go". Teams like that will just pick us off. We can only really play in a way where we are set up defensively and look to counter where possible.

After 30 years of following the Albion, I'm delighted to be here. I think finishing 17th will be a massive achievement and give us something to build on next year. I think we've got an excellent manager who know's what he's doing. I think we need a striker who know's where the net is but equally, don't think we'll get relegated if we don't. I remember someone getting there knickers in a twist at the beginning of last season because we hadn't signed a proven goalscorer and we all but won the league. I know this is different but some peoples opinion of where we should be is quite frankly laughable.

Are there that many people who thought that a point away at Newcastle today was a bad result? I struggle with that. We've got an important run of games coming up as someone else has pointed out on here tonight. I think 36 points will keep us up this year. Maybe 37. Based on that we need another 15 points. Should be more than achievable.

All just my view of course.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Couldn't complain about how attacking he was against Watford. We're accumulating points regularly, we've not had a prolonged dip like sides around and below us have had. Don't really buy into this Hughton style thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here