Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup draw round 3 - home v Palace

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It’ll be fine, nothing of note happened in the last game......says an FA spokesman.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I'd be more excited if we were all posting comments about the actual match and not the other rubbish !!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Kick off on Tuesday morning at 9 am, game to be played at Crawley's ground. Both sides restricted to 150 fans each at either end with the neutral zones running the entire length of the pitch. Proof of ownership of a half-half scarf required for ticket purchase. First born child or pet required as damage deposit for every ticket holder. Travel to and from the match strictly by a replacement bus service. Tickets to be collected from the car park of the Snooty Fox pub opposite Three Bridges Station.

All chants to be submitted in writing before the game for review and approval. No more than 3 repeats of each song to be allowed in each half of the game. There will also be a dress code. The theme will be Sunday Rambler. Fans will be expected to wear bright cagoules. Dark coats will be confiscated. Anyone found in possession of a hoodie will be arrested. No jeans. The only permissible flares will be corduroy trousers. Chinos are also permissible, preferably red. Any fans still left in the ground after the 85th minute will be regarded as trespassing.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Interesting headline to the news on the official site. Perhaps Alex couldn't bring himself to actually type "Palace":-

View attachment 91703

I always thought a Crystal Palace, sounded like something a Disney princess would live in, I am surprised that bloke who bought Pompey was not interested in them. Not happy about this draw. Not bothered about the match, just pissed off that it’s another excuse for their scum fans to do more damage to the town.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
So you think the fans will be happy he has played a weakend team and possibly lose to or biggest rivals when they are shit. Trust me, there will be a lot more trouble after the game if we lose to them.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I think CH will rightly prioritise the league irrespective of the opposition. The players will be on their knees by then. I can’t see too many people getting worked up by an Albion Res v Palace Res match.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
krul
Schletto/Rosenior
hunemier
Goldson
Suttner/Rosenior
Kayal
Sidwell/molumby
Two from brown, march, Izquierdo
Hemed
Baldock
Kaz is back from loan, and 25 man squad rules won't apply.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Let's hope when Sussex Police have their say, they forbid Palace from selling blocks of tickets to fan organisations. It would be great for both sides to play a proper old Brighton v Palace game without those JCL ex-Tottenham fans. Let's get back to underlying menace and open hostility, rather attempts at fancy dress and fireworks that would be laughed out of Lewes on Bonfire night.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I think CH will rightly prioritise the league irrespective of the opposition. The players will be on their knees by then. I can’t see too many people getting worked up by an Albion Res v Palace Res match.
I can

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Been waiting for this draw since day dot
The best round of the cup early Jan against Palace on top of the fun and games from the other night
Something to look forward to during the January blues

We have to give them 15% of 30,700 which is?:rolleyes:

View DutchEagleJohan's Profile DutchEagleJohan Flag Vlissingen, Netherlands Today 7.25pm Send a Private Message to DutchEagleJohan Add DutchEagleJohan as a friend
15 percent which indeed is 4000 but Health and Safety prevailing. Might be 2000 again in which case I have no chance.:ffsparr:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Maybe a few of us oldies should form a Home Guard at the Amex whilst the foot soldiers are at Brighton Station

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This one is almost totally down to the police. If they strongly recommend no fans, 2,000 fans, 15 per cent or whatever, then based on very recent events and away fan behaviour, they are going to get it and the FA and clubs will have to back them.

Purely on the basis that I wouldn't like to see decent away fans banned altogether I'd give them 2,000 again with a lot more measures in place to stop any idiots storming the gates - but no more than that. After what we have seen it would be crazy and asking for trouble to give them more when they have shown they can't be trusted.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

Except it's not. It's the FA Cup. And if there's a replay...........carnage all day around Croydon and Smelhurst.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Are people seriously suggesting that this should be played behind closed doors or with ‘bubble’ restrictions because of the inability, last week, of the police/stewards to contain a few dozen, easily identifiable troublemakers? Ridiculous over-reaction.

This.

I’d suggest this was the tamest game between our clubs for many a year, problem wise. All of the shit behaviour of our fans was pretty much contained within the confines of the Amex.

I’m genuinely gobsmacked that some of you think this game should be ‘bubbled’.

I’m even more gobsmacked that any football supporter could support this kind of abuse of our rights just because we attend a game of football. I guess those proposing the game should be ‘bubbled’ don’t go to away games.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
6 arrests only !

Lessons learnt with fireworks and the hooded ones

Nothing much happened apart from that .

People need to get a grip .

Palace in the cup . Bring the twats on .

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
People are talking about reduced allocation , bubble game , behind closed doors but the first thing that popped into my mind when the draw was made was great !
Now maybe the small gang of two Bob wannabe hooligans ( never ever heard of them actually having a fight just running ) with their shitty clothes and smoke bombs will get a knock on the door before Christmas.........hopefully Christmas Eve !

Oh Mum and Dad ( Nigel and Nigella ) will be so proud...........

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here