Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup draw round 3 - home v Palace

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Embarrassing bedwetting on here. All because 30 bellends set off some smoke and a couple of bangers.

It's got nothing to do with that at all. A few teenagers in black letting off bangers? It happens every November evening in Portslade.

It's more the unedifying spectacle of grown men posturing at each other across impenetrable police lines or a magic piece of blue cloth, the closed pubs, special trains, OTT policing, inept stewarding and changed kick off times that go to make this game the biggest pain in the 'arris all season.

That would be worth it if you got a game and atmosphere worthy of the name but last Tuesday was the worst all season for both.

And since someone's got to win this time the risk is this board will be infested, from January till April, with bellends who couldn't even type at the start of the season if we don't do the business - and last season we treated the cup so seriously we lost to effing LINCOLN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Ah, awesome draw! Burst out laughing when I heard it, we've been wanting this cup draw for 30 years and we get it this season of all seasons!

I'm delighted, I am going to see us play Palarse this year after all, fantastic, I'm going to get to take my daughter to a derby match for the first time, and hopefully like me she'll get to see us beat them in her first ever derby game.

There's less riding on this match than the league game, so should be more open, and who cares if its a reserve game, its still 11 from Brighton playing 11 of them lot. Legends can be made in derby matches.

This season just gets more and more epic. BRING IT ON!!!

Indeed. Well said.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Great draw, give them the full allocation and bring it on.

There's probably scope for the usual 3k behind the goal and the SW corner which might make up just over 4k.

There is already the facility to split the east lower by giving H block or G and H block to away fans. The latter, along with the usual in the south would make for a 4500 allocation.

This last happened for the visit of Arsenal in the cup

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Some absolute fans in this thread, suggesting that it's a bad draw for us, they should only get 1000 tickets, people disappointed we've got Palace at home, etc...

You absolute.

I suppose you're the ones that complain when people are too loud at the Amex, shit yourselves when the bangers went off, would welcome goal music, i could go on...

This is absolutely without doubt the stuff dreams are made of. Our arch rival, the enemy, at home in the 3rd round of the most famous cup competition in the world. Another chance to turn them over on our patch.

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
This is likely to be one of the live ones surely. Do the BBC still have telly rights for the FA? It'd be nice to see Us v Them on the Beeb.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Some absolute mongy fans in this thread, suggesting that it's a bad draw for us, they should only get 1000 tickets, people disappointed we've got Palace at home, etc...

You absolute mongs.

I suppose you're the ones that complain when people are too loud at the Amex, shit yourselves when the bangers went off, would welcome goal music, i could go on...

This is absolutely without doubt the stuff dreams are made of. Our arch rival, the enemy, at home in the 3rd round of the most famous cup competition in the world. Another chance to turn them over on our patch.

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

Personally I object to your repeated use of the word "Mong" .

It's good to hear you are so excited to watch our reserves play Palace reserves... hope you have a lovely day shouting abuse at our arch enemies - grow up!!!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The gods of football lottery are surely having a laugh at our expense .
What should have been a low key affair has been turned into a high pressure potential flashpoint and a logistical nightmare for the Police..

I would like it to remain a fixture for fringe players and resting our hardworking eleven . Hope it can remain thus.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It is. Go on the Palace site and they are laughing at the reaction on here. We are playing our rivals at home in the FA cup. We should be delighted, this is what football is all about, and all I can see are grown men crying like its a disaster because some spotty idiots caused a relatively small amount of trouble.

The palace forums were full of people who were both embarrassed and angry at their own fans. The reaction has been very similar to here with almost universal condemnation. Only a few knuckledraggers, like here, seem to think there was only a small problem.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I feel the opposite mate. The only thing that should mean a lot less aggro is a Sunday noon kick-off.

Not what I wanted.

Yeah. It's just that the same scumbags will travel down from Sarf London, having got away with what they did last week and try it again. I want the police to treat them like it's 1984 and anyone that pipes up giving them verbal, gets a baton right on their head.

Sussex Police treated them like adults last week and in return they wanted to replicate 'the bad old days'. No second chances.

Bring it all on, they wont get away with it this time.

Jan 30, 2008
The palace forums were full of people who were both embarrassed and angry at their own fans. The reaction has been very similar to here with almost universal condemnation. Only a few knuckledraggers, like here, seem to think there was only a small problem.
it's all been hyped up out of all proportions , people like you get taken in by it:facepalm:
regards
DR

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
it's all been hyped up out of all proportions , people like you get taken in by it:facepalm:
regards
DR

Not often I agree with you but from my seat in West Lower towards the south stand most around me thought the fireworks were amusing not threatening . As for the "ULTRAS" pretty tame compared with Football supporters of Chelsea,Millwall etc from the seventies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here