Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup draw round 3 - home v Palace

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Aye.

15,000 x £40 easier to manage than 30,000 x £20.

I reckon the club will be prepared to take a hit on pie and beverage supplies for this one.

Think you will be mightily surprised at the number of people going.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You know there's an agreement on keeping away tickets cheap / to a max level in the Premier League; does that also apply to the FA cup?

Could we not just make the away tickets £50?

Oh, ignore that - the Palace fans would probably just turn up anyway, with or without tickets.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Oh, ignore that - the Palace fans would probably just turn up anyway, with or without tickets.

Why on earth would we want them to stay away, away fans can help make the atmosphere, Tuesday at the stadium wont happen again.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
£40 is 8 pints in a pub showing the game ( with no transport grief being held back etc with train connections to make ).

Unless they are virtually giving tickets away the pub seems a better night out.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Numbers were for illustrative purposes. But it won't sell out if it's £40+ imo.
No chance it will get close to a sell out unless tickets are incredibly cheap.

Obviously lots of people will be well up for it, and think it is a must go to match, but many others will think about the costs involved (after Christmas), the hassle involved, the reserve teams and being able to watch it all live on telly in any case....

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
£40 is 8 pints in a pub showing the game ( with no transport grief being held back etc with train connections to make ).

Unless they are virtually giving tickets away the pub seems a better night out.

Do you realise how sad that sounds !!!!!

You're a Brighton supporter FFS.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If tickets don't sell out I wonder if we'll get a different demographic of Albion fan at this one?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Do you realise how sad that sounds !!!!!

You're a Brighton supporter FFS.
Does it ?

Last Tuesday was a nightmare being held back while the goonery was marched to the station.

I made my last connection with 8 minutes to spare. Not tempted much by a repeat to be honest.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Does it ?

Last Tuesday was a nightmare being held back while the goonery was marched to the station.

I made my last connection with 8 minutes to spare. Not tempted much by a repeat to be honest.

Hang on, why on earth did you get held back (if your talking about after the game), they kept them in the ground and the kettling area for over an hour, before they even attempted to get them to the station, not sure why it took you that long even if you left on the whistle.

And yes it does sound sad.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If tickets don't sell out I wonder if we'll get a different demographic of Albion fan at this one?

That different demographic couldn't be arsed with the league match, with tickets on sale on match day itself, so it strikes me as unlikely that they'll get themselves out for an FA Cup tie in early January when money may be tight and the area will be over-run with marauding balaclava-clad South Londoners wielding knives and knuckle-dusters.

I might be wrong though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hang on, why on earth did you get held back (if your talking about after the game), they kept them in the ground and the kettling area for over an hour, before they even attempted to get them to the station, not sure why it took you that long even if you left on the whistle.

And yes it does sound sad.
The doors were shut to get out of WSU while the police marched the goons to Falmer station. Then there was a 2nd kettle outside preventing anyone getting to the station until their special train had gone.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That different demographic couldn't be arsed with the league match, with tickets on sale on match day itself, so it strikes me as unlikely that they'll get themselves out for an FA Cup tie in early January when money may be tight and the area will be over-run with marauding balaclava-clad South Londoners wielding knives and knuckle-dusters.

I might be wrong though.

But that was before the 'enemy' 'stormed' the away end and 'ran' the 'rozzers' letting off fireworks (can't think of a football slang word, sorry) and generally arsed about.

It's like a red flag to some likely lads to turn up to defend our 'pride'.

I'm sure some of our 'retro' fans on here will be up for it.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
The doors were shut to get out of WSU while the police marched the goons to Falmer station. Then there was a 2nd kettle outside preventing anyone getting to the station until their special train had gone.

That does not make sense, you had plenty of time once the final whistle had gone to get to the station even from WSU after the game before they marched them to the station.

They didnt march them to the station until gone 1 hour after the game had finished.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

I might be wrong though.

When I checked the official site on the day of the game the only seats available that I could see were a few disabled seats, so effectively a sell out.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

I might be wrong though.

It will depend on how many they get as well. The more they get the more "chaps" will come out of the woodwork.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
74 pages !

DistantUnknownGadwall-max-1mb.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here