Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup draw round 3 - home v Palace

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You've misunderstood matey. My question was in response to people saying that the allocation would be reduced. I was questioning whether they can do thatgiven the 15% rule. I'm all for giving Palace their full allocation.

please accept my humble apologies :lolol: genuinely perplexed at the negative reaction to this game , alf junior was chuffed , this is what makes football , anyone who thinks otherwise needs to look at what exactly they want from football, they are part of the reason for lack of atmosphere at games.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Tell you what would be nice from the police and would help build a few bridges would be for them to publish some friendly advice to fans, especially away fans about what to do if they get caught up in trouble, how to make clear to the police if you are getting hurt in any kettling, if you've got separated from family, if you need the loo or just plain scared. And the police could say what we can expect from them in those situations, how they will try to help innocent fans and who to contact if things don't go right.

And then the little pixie waved his magic wand and everyone lived happy ever after. ‘Im always amazed when major trouble is avoided in this fixture but there are holes in the police net that they would never admit exist. Difficult job I accept

Presence at away turnstyle....... poor............turning up 5 minutes later after doing a pathetic keystone cop run up past the West stand. I could mention loads of other stuff. They got lucky with some things the other night..

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You've misunderstood matey. My question was in response to people saying that the allocation would be reduced. I was questioning whether they can do thatgiven the 15% rule. I'm all for giving Palace their full allocation.

They can, its all in black and white in the FA Cup Regulations.

If we only open up part of the ground, they only get 15% of the open capacity, not 15% of the full ground but the catch all is:
Where it is deemed desirable, the Professional Game Board shall have the right to vary the allocation of tickets to the Visiting Club,....

Therefore if for safety reasons, or that Palace don't want to take up their full allocation, it can be reduced to whatever level everyone is happy with.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Other than that it really wasn't that big a deal. Many Many Many fans across the country would have got in if the chance had arrived in front of them.

:ffsparr:

I think you will find that the many sensible fans wouldn't have traveled without a ticket.

So in your mind, it would have be ok for a thousand fans without tickets to turn up, and rush the stewards, with only the first few that attacked the stewards being arrested with the remaining ones all welcomed into ground as its not a big deal. I'll leave you to explain that to the other fans with tickets inside the ground who are caught up in the crush that follows.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If you've been to these games over the last 40 years then you would know Tuesday night was as tame as they get. Personally I was bored shit atmosphere players didn't seem that bothered pathetic all round.

Having been to Arsenal and Man U this year I certainly don't want the Amex to turn into some sort of library but there is a fine line between atmosphere and something what could have turned very nasty and did for at least 2 stewards. I didn't see Brighton fans causing trouble like this at away games (a few smoke bombs maybe ) but were still able to generate atmosphere.

I have been in the middle of Burnley fans when they played Blackburn at home in the 70's , bricks, darts , coins you name it so I know what is rough and what is tame. Really don't want to see a return to that and these guys if they did turn up with knives and knuckledusters clearly want to drag the game backwards.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I remember when 500 Brighton charged the gates at Gillingham in the early 70’s (I was of course observing events)
They couldn’t have hidden in the crowd because that ends turnstile had not officially opened
All turned out and then had to wait to pay and go in whilst they boarded up the broken gates.

Nobody worried about trouble at this game watched Albion matches in the 70’s and 80s surely.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If that was the case plod would have taken photos and shown the world what weapons were bought to the ground, they didn't and why was that there probably weren't any, that was a bigger red herring than the game itself.

On that point I think we agree, the fact that they did not arrest people for being possession and let them roam around is a sad indictment of them or perhaps proof there were n't any.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Personally I object to your repeated use of the word "Mong" .

It's good to hear you are so excited to watch our reserves play Palace reserves... hope you have a lovely day shouting abuse at our arch enemies - grow up!!!
You don’t get it do you .? That’s what you do when play your rivals ffs.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
What like your response with puerile insults - in your eyes if I don't want to fight a rival fan I'm a bobble hat wearing tea drinker, whereas in my eyes you are a neanderthal knuckle dragger who belongs in a former age and shouldn't keep hankering after the past... Better?

Seriously , who mentioned fighting ? Come on , show me exactly where i mentioned fighting ? for the record i will be going with a 13 and 16 year old.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I remember when 500 Brighton charged the gates at Gillingham in the early 70’s (I was of course observing events)
They couldn’t have hidden in the crowd because that ends turnstile had not officially opened
All turned out and then had to wait to pay and go in whilst they boarded up the broken gates.

Nobody worried about trouble at this game watched Albion matches in the 70’s and 80s surely.[/QUOTE]

agreed !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Seriously , who mentioned fighting ? Come on , show me exactly where i mentioned fighting ? for the record i will be going with a 13 and 16 year old.

Yeah but you can let them get in there now. :lolol:
I got my first slap from a **** of a Palace fan at 13.

It’s fuelled my love affair with then ever since.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
cdcd.JPG

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I want to go to this but the last game was an f-ing nightmare as far as trains and how the police and southern railway acted, It's puts me right off going.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here