Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup draw round 3 - home v Palace

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This.

I’d suggest this was the tamest game between our clubs for many a year, problem wise. All of the shit behaviour of our fans was pretty much contained within the confines of the Amex.

I’m genuinely gobsmacked that some of you think this game should be ‘bubbled’.

I’m even more gobsmacked that any football supporter could support this kind of abuse of our rights just because we attend a game of football. I guess those proposing the game should be ‘bubbled’ don’t go to away games.
Well if they do decide to make it a bubble match, I don’t think the Palace fans can complain too much. Act like animals, get treated like animals.

edit: The animals who jumped the turnstiles not the decent everyday Palace fans.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hopefully the police will finally realize the folly of playing these games in the evening. This one needs to be Sunday lunchtime.

Or even Saturday lunchtime, problems after the game in the town are not our reseponsibility and we will have no influence on any action taken by the police, who can be as strict as they wish. If they are really concerned: as I said earlier a non stop train East Croydon to Falmer and the tickets to the ground distributed on the train with no other tickets available. You could have 2 or 3 ticket check points before the ground so anybody without a ticket doesnt even get to the ground or anywhere near.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Not been this excited since........

Give them full allocation, 3pm K/O, the OB look after much higher profile derby's than this one.

It used to be much worse than last Tuesday.

Stop being so lazy copper.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
FA Cup draw round 3

Looking forward to it, I'd like to see them get the full allocation (as we'd expect to get up there), the game played on the Saturday at 3.00pm, Sussex police make a better job of this one (lesson will have been learnt) and a fantastic atmosphere at the Amex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
I can't believe all these calls for bubble games and banning away fans after last week. I have to say that last Tuesday had the least amount of trouble I have seen at a Brighton vs Palace match for years, if not ever. The only incident on the night of any note was 20-25 herberts getting into the stadium, possibly without tickets and certainly without being searched.

This resulted in a very visual scene of the smoke bombs and bangers. Rest assured, these idiots pissed off the other Palace fans equally as much as your fans but their actions should be put into perspective. They weren't rushing at the Brighton fans during the game, they weren't throwing missiles and coins and they weren't even singing homophobic songs.

We should all be welcoming this draw, not wishing we had some dull team from up North. Instead, we will have a match with a great atmosphere with a little bit of an edge to it. Why don't you go and watch Sussex play cricket if you want to eat your prawn sandwiches and clap politely.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Does amaze me people not going to go because of the trouble. What trouble ?

It’s Palace not Millwall. They’ll hide behind the police as usual.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I can't believe all these calls for bubble games and banning away fans after last week. I have to say that last Tuesday had the least amount of trouble I have seen at a Brighton vs Palace match for years, if not ever. The only incident on the night of any note was 20-25 herberts getting into the stadium, possibly without tickets and certainly without being searched.

This resulted in a very visual scene of the smoke bombs and bangers. Rest assured, these idiots pissed off the other Palace fans equally as much as your fans but their actions should be put into perspective. They weren't rushing at the Brighton fans during the game, they weren't throwing missiles and coins and they weren't even singing homophobic songs.

We should all be welcoming this draw, not wishing we had some dull team from up North. Instead, we will have a match with a great atmosphere with a little bit of an edge to it. Why don't you go and watch Sussex play cricket if you want to eat your prawn sandwiches and clap politely.

Indeed, but there aren't many calls for the 'bubble' and the 'ban'. Full allocation and a busy day out, sounds fun.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here