Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup draw round 3 - home v Palace

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That does not make sense, you had plenty of time once the final whistle had gone to get to the station even from WSU after the game before they marched them to the station.

They didnt march them to the station until gone 1 hour after the game had finished.
Whether it makes sense or not, it was the reality.

I clapped the players off, had my post match beer watching and discussing the match highlights, and then got locked in the stadium before being prevented by police horses from getting to Falmer station.

I guess what you are saying is that I should have left with no after game beer and analysis, which is part of the matchnight experience for me.

Not selling this well are you ?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
11 pages on the bbs .

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

I clapped the players off, had my post match beer watching and discussing the match highlights, and then got locked in the stadium before being prevented by police horses from getting to Falmer station.

I guess what you are saying is that I should have left with no after game beer and analysis, which is part of the matchnight experience for me.

Ahhhhhh and the truth be told.

I guess I come from the school of

"if im not happy about something that I know will happen, I will do something about it" (I.e. in this case knowing they would keep me in while they walked past)

rather than

"do the normal and then whinge, whine and moan about it after the event knowing what it was going to be like"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

"if im not happy about something that I know will happen, I will do something about it" (I.e. in this case knowing they would keep me in while they walked past)

rather than

"do the normal and then whinge, whine and moan about it after the event knowing what it was going to be like"

Even better, keep the away fans in, to let all the home fans go home their separate ways, and then let the Croydon lot out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

rather than

Whatever slant you like to put on it, I guess.

But the reality is just that the grief that this match causes for afterdark games is just not worth it.

£40 beer money ( with no travel pain ) in a pub showing the game wins.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
11 pages on the bbs .

I was about to say something like: Please don't go down the "you're obsessed" with us route.

I then scrolled up and saw:

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:
Obsessed pure and simple!
Clearly we're constantly on their minds, Still daily Palace threads, I haven't posted on Nsc ever since they spat dummies out when I said congrats to them on their promotion.

:ffsparr::ffsparr:

Are you ****ing stupid or something?

If you can't be obsessed with your rival, then something is wrong isn't it? You've also made it ridiculously easy to notice you with things like that FA Cup Final dance, having the worst record in the whole country in a calendar year, having one of the worst starts to a football season ever and sacking a big name marquee manager almost as soon as he arrived.

You have long-running specific threads on us on CPFC.org. And rightly so as, again, we're your rivals dipshit.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But that was before the 'enemy' 'stormed' the away end and 'ran' the 'rozzers' letting off fireworks (can't think of a football slang word, sorry) and generally arsed about.

It's like a red flag to some likely lads to turn up to defend our 'pride'.

I'm sure some of our 'retro' fans on here will be up for it.

See you there. I'll be the one in a black jacket.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Curious though, citing a reason to not go is because you nearly missed your connection (by 8 minutes) when you stood around drinking beer for an hour after the game.

Why not just clap them off and leave if you're that worried. Or just have a half ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Was publicised well in advance that the “special” train was leaving at 22:40, so it was pretty obvious getting to the station after about 22.20 was going to be awkward.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Curious though, citing a reason to not go is because you nearly missed your connection (by 8 minutes) when you stood around drinking beer for an hour after the game.

Why not just clap them off and leave if you're that worried. Or just have a half ?
OK, fair point. If I'd realised they'd be locking the doors I'd have got out before the bolts dropped.

But the point for the future is that is what I'd have to do for the cup game. Sacrifice some of the matchnight package.

So £40 in the pub still looks good....

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Whatever slant you like to put on it, I guess.

But the reality is just that the grief that this match causes for afterdark games is just not worth it.

£40 beer money ( with no travel pain ) in a pub showing the game wins.

I just dont get that.

These are the best games, our arch rivals we hate each other, the whole day from start to finish is electric.

I would NEVER sit in a pub knowing my beloved team for 49 years is playing our arch rivals at home.

Its a good job you didn't go the Goldstone when we played them then.

You would have wet yourself.

Disgraceful. For the sake of a chin wag and beer.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
OK, fair point. If I'd realised they'd be locking the doors I'd have got out before the bolts dropped.

But the point for the future is that is what I'd have to do for the cup game. Sacrifice some of the matchnight package.

So £40 in the pub still looks good....

Sacrifice some of the matchnight package. FFS

What is wrong with our new age of supporters.

You had DIRECT control of what time you left, you chose to stay. Its your fault you got caught up in it, and then you have the audacity to moan about it and then stay away instead of giving the club your support.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I was about to say something like: Please don't go down the "you're obsessed" with us route.

I then scrolled up and saw:

Are you ****ing stupid or something?

If you can't be obsessed with your rival, then something is wrong isn't it? You've also made it ridiculously easy to notice you with things like that FA Cup Final dance, having the worst record in the whole country in a calendar year, having one of the worst starts to a football season ever and sacking a big name marquee manager almost as soon as he arrived.

You have long-running specific threads on us on CPFC.org. And rightly so as, again, we're your rivals dipshit.

:eek: You swore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here