Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup draw round 3 - home v Palace

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And it's all great. 'The friendliness, how good the whole setup is and how we can't wait to come back' are the first things I thought of about the AMEX as well! That's clearly why the ground empties with 15 mins to go. I'm pleased you are all so happy with it.

See you on 8th Jan.....

I'll look out for you. Will you be the one with a pyro behind your ear?

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
It calls into question, for me at least, as to whether the whole AMEX set up is fit for purpose or not....[/QUOTE]

Mr D Luded.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I really don't understand why any Brighton fan would support this lunacy of a reduced ticket allocation. I don't care what you say, Palace does not have a significant number of hooligan fans. Simple as that. What we do have, is a tiny minority of oiks who can act in an anti-social way at times. But that is a massive difference to trouble fans in the true sense of the word.

If this fixture were the other way around, with Palace at home, I would have been hoping for a full BHA allocation. It would have made for a brilliant atmosphere in a cup tie that I, for one, have been hoping for in the 3rd round draw every year for the last nearly 40 years. We finally get it and it has been ruined by what is seemingly BHAFC and Sussex Police' inability to steward and police the AMEX stadium and its surrounding area adequately.

I don’t think many do support a reduced allocation but the behaviour of a section of your fan base is giving the authorities an excuse to act in this way. Like a lot of your fans you are trying to deflect the issue of this section of your fans onto the Amex and Brighton’s ability to manage games. As others have said we have hosted countless games at the Amex and as a venue have been selected to host major tournament matches without any issues so your criticism of the Amex as a venue looks a bit limp.

The facts are only when your mob have visited have there been problems and until that section of your fans learn to grow up and remove themselves for their Euro-firm deluded fantasy then these sanctions will remain in place for both fixtures

Get your own house in order and maybe in the future the Amex will be an easier experience for your lot. Typical palace always someone else’s fault

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don’t think many do support a reduced allocation but the behaviour of a section of your fan base is giving the authorities an excuse to act in this way. Like a lot of your fans you are trying to deflect the issue of this section of your fans onto the Amex and Brighton’s ability to manage games. As others have said we have hosted countless games at the Amex and as a venue have been selected to host major tournament matches without any issues so your criticism of the Amex as a venue looks a bit limp.

The facts are only when your mob have visited have there been problems and until that section of your fans learn to grow up and remove themselves for their Euro-firm deluded fantasy then these sanctions will remain in place for both fixtures

Get your own house in order and maybe in the future the Amex will be an easier experience for your lot. Typical palace always someone else’s fault

Yup, all of that. Would much rather there was a full allocation and a proper atmosphere, but the morons have given the police a free hit and it’ll stay that way until Palace do something about them rather than encouraging them with special ticket allocations etc.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
On way to Huddersfield. Can we restrict this Essex Eagle prick to 1 post per month BOZZA?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
And yet 4 days later Liverpool fans are allowed to let off red smoke flares in the same stand?
One fan, one smoke bomb who was identified.

As you know Liverpool have smoke bomb idiots too, but not as many as you.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
.. and those of unfortunate to live in South London are bemused at this myth from Palace fans that the ground is a nightmare to get in and out.

Next time follow me down.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Seagulls perm

Banned
Apr 20, 2017
Hardly!!! What a bizarre comment/claim. Not into one-upsmanship but probably a bigger tradition of following the Albion in my family than most others.

Seagulls perm

Banned
Apr 20, 2017
Come on, why is that? You can't tell half a story on here :)

Maybe I will but not under these circumstances. Too many jokers on here mate. Think they have some official weight with our club. They don't. They just like to mouth off and intimidate genuine fans whose views are not closely aligned to theirs. They may be 'names' on here, but nobody at the club has a clue who they are. Jokers.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Maybe I will but not under these circumstances. Too many jokers on here mate. Think they have some official weight with our club. They don't. They just like to mouth off and intimidate genuine fans whose views are not closely aligned to theirs. They may be 'names' on here, but nobody at the club has a clue who they are. Jokers.

Oh ok no problem, just thought there may have been an interesting story to why you follow the Albion.

Never be bullied on here, it's just words on a screen at the end of the day.

Fantastic. So thanks to the Palace morons, the whole SW corner are being evicted, even though we were assured that by going SW corner, we would retain our seats in any cup games. The view is better in the South, but we are being binned to god knows where with them too. Nice reward to loyal season ticket holders! Why was the ground not closed to Palace fans instead of us.
I have tolerated the over the top stewarding when half the SW corner have given up trying to sing because they have then been told off for getting over excited and moved elsewhere. Now this happens. Meanwhile Palace turn up and have no response to setting off flares etc (still no arrests/bans I see). and are rewarded with a seat back they sat last time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here