Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup draw round 3 - home v Palace

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I just dont get that.

These are the best games, our arch rivals we hate each other, the whole day from start to finish is electric.

I would NEVER sit in a pub knowing my beloved team for 49 years is playing our arch rivals at home.

Its a good job you didn't go the Goldstone when we played them then.

You would have wet yourself.

Disgraceful. For the sake of a chin wag and beer.
Whatever. You just want to make it personnal and insult so I'll leave it there.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Pussies

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

el punal

So it's going to be a Monday night game. I mentioned in an earlier post that this fixture has shades of the infamous Stamford Bridge cup replay of 1976 about it. We lost that 1-0, had a goal disallowed, had a perfectly good penalty scored but ruled out, and Mullers donating his money to worthless causes aka Palace fans.

By the way, that game was played on a Monday night too. Spooky eh?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Possibly as a result of this.

https://twitter.com/FYPFanzine/status/938761708046372865

[tweet]938761708046372865[/tweet]

Oh what a surprise, the police were talking bollocks. "Made in good faith". Yeah right. Fair play to Palace for calling them out on this. I'm surprised Palace aren't trying to sue them for that, it was a blatant attempt to make things sound worse than they actually were, to deflect the blame for what happened.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
https://www.sussex.police.uk/news/apology-following-brighton-v-palace-weapons-report/

Apology following Brighton v Palace weapons report

07 Dec, 2017 16:50 News

The reference to weapons being found discarded at the stadium following the Brighton v Crystal Palace match on November 28 was based on information logged by our officers on the night and done so in good faith.

Subsequently, it has been established that no such items were physically recovered at the stadium or in the city. We accept that this information was incorrect and the tweet published earlier today (December 7) by one of our officers was wrong.

Sussex Police apologises to both clubs and their supporters.

Wow.

Truly embarrassing.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
For the sake of the decent Palace fans that will attend on the 8th, I hope the trouble makers keep away. TV cameras, a chance for them to look 'ard, or as the rest of us will see it, stupid.

Would be good to have a rip roaring derby cup tie without the nonsense of last time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Very . Also rumours that a club employee opened the gate which was apparently smashed open. AWKWARD!

That isn't 'awkward' at all, though.

Stewards / others momentarily open doors all the time. That doesn't give a mob of ticketless tosspots any right of forced (and violent) entry, does it?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'd love to know how you could log that you recovered 'knives and knuckledusters' and then suddenly realise afterwards that, actually, you didn't. It seems an extraordinary thing to happen.

I can't imagine for one minute that the police could be LYING to deflect from their performance on the night and justify reduced away allocations for future games.

They really don't help themselves, do they?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
That isn't 'awkward' at all, though.

Stewards / others momentarily open doors all the time. That doesn't give a mob of ticketless tosspots any right of forced (and violent) entry, does it?
Has it been established that all of them were ticketless ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here