Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup draw round 3 - home v Palace

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I remember when 500 Brighton charged the gates at Gillingham in the early 70’s (I was of course observing events)
They couldn’t have hidden in the crowd because that ends turnstile had not officially opened
All turned out and then had to wait to pay and go in whilst they boarded up the broken gates.

Nobody worried about trouble at this game watched Albion matches in the 70’s and 80s surely.
Back in the day there was trouble at loads of Albion away which some brush neatly under the carpet. The Palace lot are just trying to make a name for themselves to thick to realise they are about 20 years to late to the party. I hardly see any Young Albion lads about these days just the same old faces from the past all about 50+ trying to re live their glory days all a bit tragic.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Personally I object to your repeated use of the word "Mong" .

It's good to hear you are so excited to watch our reserves play Palace reserves... hope you have a lovely day shouting abuse at our arch enemies - grow up!!!

I object to your use of a word..........

How interesting.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The palace forums were full of people who were both embarrassed and angry at their own fans. The reaction has been very similar to here with almost universal condemnation. Only a few knuckledraggers, like here, seem to think there was only a small problem.

Nope, with Albion Dan here, you are talking liberal drivel.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You obviously didn't go to the Withdean Palace matches. There wasn't any trouble at all, let alone kettling, flares or rookies.

And in your view no doubt that was a good thing. For others they prefer their football with a dash of anticipation, rather than a spoonful of dull, dreary boredom that is oh so boring and safe.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Many, many, many away fans have turned up at the Amex in the previous 6 seasons and to my knowledge this is the first time that a large group has turned up without tickets and broken in! Do you really think that they all made the trip to Falmer for a sight seeing trip? It's miles out of town, so to turn up at the ground without tickets meant that their actions to gain illegal entry into the stadium were pre-planned. So in effect there was no chance element to their actions, they were going to do it come what may. The only thing they didn't take into account was the fact that the club would shut out 100+ genuine ticket holding fans because of their behaviour.
Selfish, irresponsible ********.

In the last game at Scumhurst, our fans treated them and their ground with exactly the same disrespect as what they did to us.

Its been going on for years and will continue to do so.

We hate each other.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
:ffsparr:

I think you will find that the many sensible fans wouldn't have traveled without a ticket.

So in your mind, it would have be ok for a thousand fans without tickets to turn up, and rush the stewards, with only the first few that attacked the stewards being arrested with the remaining ones all welcomed into ground as its not a big deal. I'll leave you to explain that to the other fans with tickets inside the ground who are caught up in the crush that follows.

Stop being so dramatic

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I want to go to this but the last game was an f-ing nightmare as far as trains and how the police and southern railway acted, It's puts me right off going.

I suggest you find a new hobby. And before anybody asks if that is the correct way to think, then I will answer for you in advance, yes it is.

Why should the newbies dictate the rules? Why are they allowed to say what is, and what isn't acceptable? If you have been following football for 5 years and think that your opinion is superior and more relevant than someone who has been following their team for 30 years then I have news for you.......do one.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I suggest you find a new hobby. And before anybody asks if that is the correct way to think, then I will answer for you in advance, yes it is.

Why should the newbies dictate the rules? Why are they allowed to say what is, and what isn't acceptable? If you have been following football for 5 years and think that your opinion is superior and more relevant than someone who has been following their team for 30 years then I have news for you.......do one.

Been following the Albion for 50 years, so does my opinion trump yours then?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

spot on .

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
BBC Sport just mentioned "some cracking ties in the FA Cup 3rd round draw. Arsenal travel to Nottingham Forest, Liverpool host Everton and there's a north-east derby between Middlesbrough and Sunderland".

No mention of our all Premier tie. They just don't get it do they? It's actually made me quite angry that they don't understand the hatred and rivalry that stretches back over fifty years. Last week was swept under the carpet nationally. Only chance of it being on BT Sports then.

B@ll@cks to the BBC.

They seemed to get it when the draw was made..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here