Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup draw round 3 - home v Palace

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
So you are happy to take advice from CPFC fans ??

Like you I have seen the development of these games over 40 years or so , see some bad things but also love the 'electricity' this game used to bring. Last Tuesday caused me concerns not because of the flares/bangers/birdscarers but because 100-200 idiots were intent on trouble and apparently were tooled up and the police could do nothing about it. This is not in keeping with the AMEX way of doing things.

The police should have learnt from this, they should HOPEFULLY identified the 100-200 who caused trouble and so allowing them several thousand tickets should be fine but the number should be set to ensure trouble does not escalate and would be contained so I doubt they would get the full 4.5k.
If you've been to these games over the last 40 years then you would know Tuesday night was as tame as they get. Personally I was bored shit atmosphere players didn't seem that bothered pathetic all round.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
so you don't think the 100-200 who broke in should be banned?

I didnt say that, the opinions of the support on here is embarrassing, Tuesday was the tamest its ever been.

In a direct answer to your question, those 100-200 if there were that many took a chance and got away with it, the ones who hurt the stewards should be arrested for ABH. Other than that it really wasn't that big a deal. Many Many Many fans across the country would have got in if the chance had arrived in front of them.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Great bell ends in town again

Drop me out ffs , if thats your genuine reaction then go and watch hockey or something , your reaction SHOULD be the same as 16 year old alf junior , unbridled joy, and.to be honest its mine as well .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I didnt say that, the opinions of the support on here is embarrassing, Tuesday was the tamest its ever been.

In a direct answer to your question, those 100-200 if there were that many took a chance and got away with it, the ones who hurt the stewards should be arrested for ABH. Other than that it really wasn't that big a deal. Many Many Many fans across the country would have got in if the chance had arrived in front of them.

You obviously didn't go to the Withdean Palace matches. There wasn't any trouble at all, let alone kettling, flares or rookies.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
= apparently were tooled up and the police could do nothing about it. This is not in keeping with the AMEX way of doing things..

If that was the case plod would have taken photos and shown the world what weapons were bought to the ground, they didn't and why was that there probably weren't any, that was a bigger red herring than the game itself.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
So you are happy to take advice from CPFC fans ??

Like you I have seen the development of these games over 40 years or so , see some bad things but also love the 'electricity' this game used to bring. Last Tuesday caused me concerns not because of the flares/bangers/birdscarers but because 100-200 idiots were intent on trouble and apparently were tooled up and the police could do nothing about it. This is not in keeping with the AMEX way of doing things.

The police should have learnt from this, they should HOPEFULLY identified the 100-200 who caused trouble and so allowing them several thousand tickets should be fine but the number should be set to ensure trouble does not escalate and would be contained so I doubt they would get the full 4.5k.

If that was the case plod would have taken photos and shown the world what weapons were bought to the ground, they didn't and why was that there probably weren't any, that was a bigger red herring than the game itself.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
You obviously didn't go to the Withdean Palace matches. There wasn't any trouble at all, let alone kettling, flares or rookies.

no kettling? The first home game they kettled Palace away towards Patcham while they dealt with a huge group of our lot. i remember batton charges across the park at the bottom of Tongdean lane. Lots of trouble on way to the game too, between Brewery Tap and the hotel.

Tuesday night was the tamest for actual trouble between fans - wasn't there something like 35 arrests at the first AMEX match? compared to 6 on Tuesday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
no kettling? The first home game they kettled Palace away towards Patcham while they dealt with a huge group of our lot. i remember batton charges across the park at the bottom of Tongdean lane. Lots of trouble on way to the game too, between Brewery Tap and the hotel.

Tuesday night was the tamest for actual trouble between fans - wasn't there something like 35 arrests at the first AMEX match? compared to 6 on Tuesday.

My memory must be faulty because I don't remember trouble there. Certainly not bad enough to warrant baton charges. The only problems I remember were in Queens Road, but I thought that was in the Amex era, as you said.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
oh buzzer , not you as well mate , come on , dont turn into a bedwetter.

You've misunderstood matey. My question was in response to people saying that the allocation would be reduced. I was questioning whether they can do thatgiven the 15% rule. I'm all for giving Palace their full allocation.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Many, many, many away fans have turned up at the Amex in the previous 6 seasons and to my knowledge this is the first time that a large group has turned up without tickets and broken in! Do you really think that they all made the trip to Falmer for a sight seeing trip? It's miles out of town, so to turn up at the ground without tickets meant that their actions to gain illegal entry into the stadium were pre-planned. So in effect there was no chance element to their actions, they were going to do it come what may. The only thing they didn't take into account was the fact that the club would shut out 100+ genuine ticket holding fans because of their behaviour.
Selfish, irresponsible ********.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
So how many tickets will we give them then?

15% is the rules. I see no reason to change the allocation radically, due the fact, many post 2011 generation of happy clappy support plus others who need rubber sheets on their mattress, are cacking themselves at the thought of a few spotty chavs from New Addington & Shrublands pretending to be scary. The likes of Hansa Rostock & Legia Warsaw would be splitting their sides with laughter at these wanabees. Reducing the allocation really worked last week. I would suggest it probably contributed to the problems outside. Had the Police had a smarter plan last week, the problems would have been contained or minimal. The geography of the Amex doesn't help, but they screwed up last week.

Some OTT drama on this thread for sure.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You've misunderstood matey. My question was in response to people saying that the allocation would be reduced. I was questioning whether they can do thatgiven the 15% rule. I'm all for giving Palace their full allocation.

I've posted elsewhere (http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...allenge-Cup-sponsored-by-Emirates-Third-Round) about this. There are precedents where SAGs have reduced allocations below the 15% for Cup ties. Given last week's fun and games, I can't see that the local SAG will be willing to give Palace a full allocation.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
15% is the rules. I see no reason to change the allocation radically, due the fact, many post 2011 generation of happy clappy support plus others who need rubber sheets on their mattress, are cacking themselves at the thought of a few spotty chavs from New Addington & Shrublands pretending to be scary. The likes of Hansa Rostock & Legia Warsaw would be splitting their sides with laughter at these wanabees. Reducing the allocation really worked last week. I would suggest it probably contributed to the problems outside. Had the Police had a smarter plan last week, the problems would have been contained or minimal. The geography of the Amex doesn't help, but they screwed up last week.

Some OTT drama on this thread for sure.

100 % this

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yep, I am fed up with all the macho posturing that goes on around this game, and just know that when we play them at Selhurst it is going to end in tears!

We have enough knuckledraggers who are prepared to come out of the woodwork for that one and I would be happy for them to not have the opportunity to besmirch our good name.

wouldnt want your flask kicked over or your bobble hat knocked off would you ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here