Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup draw round 3 - home v Palace

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Give them 2000 tickets which could distributed on two special trains that turn up at 2.15 2,30,give palace the north stand for easy access,all brighton fans must be in the stadium by 2pm(if 3pm ko) and remain in the stadium till both trains have departed,potential disorder averted,extra stadium spends and it stuffs the early leavers,also we get the bigger end:thumbsup:

tenor.gif

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We took over 6,000 fans to the 5-0 game in 2003 if my memory serves me correctly.....we had the whole Arthur Wait stand.....now I would not say that that Day passed peacefully however it goes to show that should not be too difficult to deal with the extra allocation of tickets in this day and age....Palace might want to start by banning the 200 or so MIB’s that rushed the gate last week - the majority of which can be no doubt easily identified by the state of the art CCTV system they have atthe Amex

difference being Sussex Police are useless.

Get the Met down here to police it and give them 4k on a saturday

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
difference being Sussex Police are useless.

Get the Met down here to police it and give them 4k on a saturday

This 100%. It is a bit pathetic how they don't seem to be able to handle 2000 away fans for the 14th biggest derby in the country. The Old Firm games allow about 7000 away fans and there are 4 of them a year! Spurs v Arsenal, Liverpool v Man Utd, Newcastle v Sunderland etc. all manage with 3,000 away fans.

I really can't imagine that the Met are that worried about 3000 Brighton fans going to Selhurst, so it seems like it's the genteel Sussex police that can't handle it. We're in the big boys league now, it's time they were too.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I suggest you find a new hobby. And before anybody asks if that is the correct way to think, then I will answer for you in advance, yes it is.

Why should the newbies dictate the rules? Why are they allowed to say what is, and what isn't acceptable? If you have been following football for 5 years and think that your opinion is superior and more relevant than someone who has been following their team for 30 years then I have news for you.......do one.

Did you reply to the wrong post? It makes no sense otherwise.

Catreptile

Mar 25, 2011
Eastbourne
If it wasn't for the number of idiots attending football matches, there would only be a need for minimal policing requirements, much like the majority of games held at the Amex to date. Brighton have been pretty good at making the Amex an attractive venue for all football fans of all ages. A historic rivalry between clubs is being used as an excuse to cause trouble by a mindless minority, not football fans, unfortunately the police have to deal with these cretins on the front line , then get slated if something goes wrong.

Jan 30, 2008
If it wasn't for the number of idiots attending football matches, there would only be a need for minimal policing requirements, much like the majority of games held at the Amex to date. Brighton have been pretty good at making the Amex an attractive venue for all football fans of all ages. A historic rivalry between clubs is being used as an excuse to cause trouble by a mindless minority, not football fans, unfortunately the police have to deal with these cretins on the front line , then get slated if something goes wrong.
:laugh:
regards
DR

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
not football fans

It always annoys me when I read this. It's complete bollocks. Why aren't they football fans?

Some of the 'faces' you see at the Albion that are always likely to be present when there's any bother having been going home and away for 30 years. How are they not football fans? Are the 15,000 extra fans we've gained since the Amex opened that sit on their hands in silence each week,enjoying our award-winning pies, bigger football fans than these people?

It's like when there is a bit of trouble with England abroad and we're told these people 'aren't football fans'. Right, so guys who have spent thousands and thousands of pounds travelling all over the globe to watch England play football, aren't football fans.

It's such a tired, bullshit cliche. Enough of it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It always annoys me when I read this. It's complete bollocks. Why aren't they football fans?

Some of the 'faces' you see at the Albion that are always likely to be present when there's any bother having been going home and away for 30 years. How are they not football fans? Are the 15,000 extra fans we've gained since the Amex opened that sit on their hands in silence each week,enjoying our award-winning pies, bigger football fans than these people?

It's like when there is a bit of trouble with England abroad and we're told these people 'aren't football fans'. Right, so guys who have spent thousands and thousands of pounds travelling all over the globe to watch England play football, aren't football fans.

It's such a tired, bullshit cliche. Enough of it.

Totally agree, however the media, politicians and others think by labelling them as "non" football fans then it averts the real social problem that we have within society that no one really has an answer for which is some people like a fight every now and again, or you could look at that and find out why people feel tribal towards their area, football team and tackle it that way as an ingrained thing in people from the dawn of time.

But it is easier to label them as non football fans, not that I think it is right to fight, but I do get it and understand their is an urge to do it, but the more fascinating thing is why ?

I am sure plenty will come back saying they are morons, really all of them ? nah not having it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Totally agree, however the media, politicians and others think by labelling them as "non" football fans then it averts the real social problem that we have within society that no one really has an answer for which is some people like a fight every now and again, or you could look at that and find out why people feel tribal towards their area, football team and tackle it that way as an ingrained thing in people from the dawn of time.

Most animals like to fight, or at least are able to have a scrap from time to time. We're animals, we're no different. You can't switch off the way we are hard-wired. Some express this urge by competing in sport, some in business, some through computer games, some by actually fighting. I think it's all the same thing really, we're designed like this to keep us alive in times of danger. It's just a shame that some people haven't worked out that there are better ways to fulfil this urge in today's world than beating the shit out of each other at a football match. Maybe they should just make it a sport, at least then it would get rid of the wannabee pretend hoolies that don't actually fancy it but want to look hard to their mates.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The Sussex Constabulary really need to up their game for the cup game .
Apart from about 100 fanatics acting up, there were no major issues, and the only problems were caused by the police not having a scooby what the hell was happening. The reports of knives and knuckle dusters being found ( if at all) seems to be a way of deflecting criticism.
Policing Pride and beggars hardly stretches them, or does it ?
Come on Edna and co, pull yer fingers out !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Most animals like to fight, or at least are able to have a scrap from time to time. We're animals, we're no different. You can't switch off the way we are hard-wired. Some express this urge by competing in sport, some in business, some through computer games, some by actually fighting. I think it's all the same thing really, we're designed like this to keep us alive in times of danger. It's just a shame that some people haven't worked out that there are better ways to fulfil this urge in today's world than beating the shit out of each other at a football match. Maybe they should just make it a sport, at least then it would get rid of the wannabee pretend hoolies that don't actually fancy it but want to look hard to their mates.

Did the Russians not actually suggest exactly that, after the shenanigans of the Euros?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Did the Russians not actually suggest exactly that, after the shenanigans of the Euros?

It's not the worst idea in the world. Plus, it would be another sport that we invented, used to be the best at, and have now been overtaken by other nations who have taken it to the next level. So the same as pretty much every other mainstream sport.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hopefully the club, police and security will actually fulfil their Duty Of Care to people inside the stadium while they're actually inside the stadium this time, rather than cosily reviewing cctv in an office offline somewhere sometime over a nice cup of tea. ****s.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I am looking forward to any game at home however some of my older friends don't want to go to this game as they don't feel safe.
If palace fans and others are proud of this then Grow up and move on.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I am looking forward to any game at home however some of my older friends don't want to go to this game as they don't feel safe.

Eh...

Don’t feel safe in a town that will have a heavy police presence, in a section of the ground surrounded by fellow fans, in a ground staffed with stewards....

Thank god they don’t live in Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq or Scotland they would never go out.

Tell them to man up, it’s all hype and bravado, sure there maybe a few looking for trouble and they will meet like minded individuals, but go about your normal business it’s not a war for Christ’s sake.

Jan 30, 2008
but nothing happened Birdman APART FROM A FEW BANGS AND A BIT OF SMOKE IN THE AWAY SECTION, HOW WERE THE HOME AREAS affected ,did anyone get attacked before or after the game???
regards
DR

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
1AF45D09-7732-4F02-92C3-4A01E84DC6E7.jpeg

Time to get the steels out eh das ???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Come on Edna and co, pull yer fingers out !

I was sat in my seat at the game. What the hell do you expect me to do?

Policing Pride is an entirely different operation, with much larger numbers than an Albion game, but a significantly reduced likelihood of conflict, and generally speaking, no large groups of dickheads roaming around spoiling for aggro. Everyone's such an expert on here, it's quite entertaining.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I was sat in my seat at the game. What the hell do you expect me to do?

Policing Pride is an entirely different operation, with much larger numbers than an Albion game, but a significantly reduced likelihood of conflict, and generally speaking, no large groups of dickheads roaming around spoiling for aggro. Everyone's such an expert on here, it's quite entertaining.

Nice bit of overtime before Xmas eh Edna ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here