Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup draw round 3 - home v Palace

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
Got my ticket ! We have waited a long time for a season like this,let’s concentrate on getting behind the team.League and Cup:albion2:Stand or fall.:albion2:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
On sale for season ticket holders to claim their seats

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 21.10.46.png

Fantastic. So thanks to the Palace morons, the whole SW corner are being evicted, even though we were assured that by going SW corner, we would retain our seats in any cup games. The view is better in the South, but we are being binned to god knows where with them too. Nice reward to loyal season ticket holders! Why was the ground not closed to Palace fans instead of us.
I have tolerated the over the top stewarding when half the SW corner have given up trying to sing because they have then been told off for getting over excited and moved elsewhere. Now this happens. Meanwhile Palace turn up and have no response to setting off flares etc (still no arrests/bans I see). and are rewarded with a seat back they sat last time.
bollards! :moo:

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Those with season tickets can purchase seats other than their normal ones this morning.

Forgot to get get my seat when they went on sale on Monday, luckily no one had nipped in and taken it this morning.

I tried buying a seat other than my own but the little drop down box by the fan's name where you select someone from your list wasn't there. Hence the system thought I was trying to buy all the tickets in my name, which of course it refused.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Those with season tickets can purchase seats other than their normal ones this morning.

Forgot to get get my seat when they went on sale on Monday, luckily no one had nipped in and taken it this morning.

Exactly the same as me, l feared l had left it too late, but a nice chap called Jordan in the Albion ticket office secured my seat for me.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
1000's and 1000's available today ! Albion and FA look as they got their wish and a more than half empty stadium for our derby game. absolutely gutted !

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
In utter disbelief at how many tickets are still available, must be upwards of 12k.. Granted a Monday night makes it difficult for some, but we've had decent crowds for other midweek games this season. Let's hope that ticket sales pick up, or that the club introduces some sort of offer to make it more affordable, not that £25 is particularly bad as it is.

A half empty ground for an FA Cup game against our biggest rivals is going to look seriously embarrassing.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
over 13,000 still to sell ! I am totally embarrassed by any Brighton fan saying they don't fancy this game or this game doesn't matter. We need some sort of rally call on NSC to get the stadium full . This is the season of our dreams, we have just pulled our biggest rivals out of the hat in the cup we should be falling over ourselves to get tickets for this.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In utter disbelief at how many tickets are still available, must be upwards of 12k.. Granted a Monday night makes it difficult for some, but we've had decent crowds for other midweek games this season. Let's hope that ticket sales pick up, or that the club introduces some sort of offer to make it more affordable, not that £25 is particularly bad as it is.

A half empty ground for an FA Cup game against our biggest rivals is going to look seriously embarrassing.
100 Harvester points would help ticket sales ( but perhaps not crowd size :rock: )

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
1000's and 1000's available today ! Albion and FA look as they got their wish and a more than half empty stadium for our derby game. absolutely gutted !

It's a real shame. I don't understand why people don't want to go. Surely a few Palace numpties havent scared everyone off?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's a real shame. I don't understand why people don't want to go. Surely a few Palace numpties havent sxared everyone off?
Transport grief that the post match special train disruption to an evening service causes ?

If they got them onto the train and out of dodge asap it would help, but the wheels of Southern Rail turn slowly.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Transport grief that the post match special train disruption to an evening service causes ?

If they got them onto the train and out of dodge asap it would help, but the wheels of Southern Rail turn slowly.

I live in London and rely on Southern to get me to and from matches including midweek. The service and disruption is often appalling but its never put me off actually attending a match - especially not one against our rivals. I just don't geddit.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's a real shame. I don't understand why people don't want to go. Surely a few Palace numpties havent scared everyone off?

That and the fact that we've dared to LOSE a couple of games recently. Welcome to modern football. It's shit.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I live in London and rely on Southern to get me to and from matches including midweek. The service and disruption is often appalling but its never put me off actually attending a match - especially not one against our rivals. I just don't geddit.
There is a difference when the match is already paid for though in the ST.

The post match special train has significant negative impact on the 'usually delightful' Southern Rail experience. If it was in the afternoon, then not too bad, but for an evening game it means added misery.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Everyone is going to have their reasons. Scheduling is the issue for me.

I would have taken my son if it was over the weekend, but it's a school night and we live in London - so we'll watch it together on TV.

Really can't be doing with the Southern lottery on a Monday night.

BTW, only around 10,500 Palace fans went to their last FA match, against Man City. That was at home and not on TV.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Reckon some folks are waiting for the Christmas payday as December is an expensive month for some.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
The club chose Monday evening (I know they had reasons). Chris Hughton normally plays the reserves (or 1st team squad members lacking games) for FA Cup games and there has been no indication that this game will be any different. These two points will put people off going.

I am not necessarily saying playing the reserves is the wrong thing to do but if the club don't treat the FA Cup as important as the league then neither will the fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here