Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goal difference?

Jan 26, 2012
When Chris Hughton became our manager, I remember Norwich fans being quick to tell us how bored we’d all be with his style of defensive football. Well as far I’m concerned last season was far from boring and as we all know, ended quite well with promotion to the Premier league! This season seems to be more of the same, maybe a little more cautious especially away from home, but with Huddersfield losing 5-0 at Arsenal last night, Chris’s approach seems to be spot on, after all (and without wanting to sound too pessimistic) goal difference could still be all important come the end of the season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When Chris Hughton became our manager, I remember Norwich fans being quick to tell us how bored we’d all be with his style of defensive football. Well as far I’m concerned last season was far from boring and as we all know, ended quite well with promotion to the Premier league! This season seems to be more of the same, maybe a little more cautious especially away from home, but with Huddersfield losing 5-0 at Arsenal last night, Chris’s approach seems to be spot on, after all (and without wanting to sound too pessimistic) goal difference could still be all important come the end of the season.

If our GD stays more or less where it is now until the end of the season, there is no way we’ll go down........

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
To be fair it was a concern for me at least when he first arrived, but the rest is history.

Haven't Norwich done one of those 'change in style' uprootings of senior management?

Seems to be going well.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We defend with purpose and attack with purpose. Nicely balanced and a joy to watch except when individual mistakes or wrong decisions by players are made, but that part has nothing to do with Hughton.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If we're less than -15 in May I'll be surprised, happy and we'll be safe.

Jan 26, 2012
I think, what I was trying to say (in my inarticulate way) was, maybe the cautious approach is best rather than going all Gung Ho! Anyway, looking forward to Saturday with decent opposition and fans, unlike the mob that turned up on Tuesday. Up the Albion!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here