Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Parcels from Hermes going astray..

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Has anybody had any experience with Hermes parcel delivery? What an absolute shower this lot are.

Christmas shopping underway, first two parcels due in today (from different retailers) and two text messages received from Hermes an hour apart to say that both parcels have been delivered and signed for. Problem being that no one was in, no parcels were received or signed for and they’ve not been left anywhere.

Hermes say that they’ve been delivered and signed for and the case is closed as far as they’re concerned. If we have further queries speak to the retailers, they can’t share the P.O.D either as only the retailer receives it.

Both retailers don’t sound surprised, both say that the P.O.D is just an ineligible squiggle.. one investigating further and one just said they’d send it again with no investigation.

I’m assuming that the courier has just helped himself but stunned to think that they’ve nicked it, then fraudulently signed the P.O.D and the retailers just seem to accept it as normal practice. :facepalm:

Thieving gits. Click and collect arranged for the next delivery. Is this a common event, anyone else been stung.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Hermes are utterly useless. Left a parcel with expensive gadgets inside in my recycling bin on recycling day. :ffsparr:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Always been lucky with deliveries.

Sometimes the card put through the letterbox 'dropped off at ... neighbour' is bollocks, having been given to an entirely different neighbour. They're rushing with their 120 drops in a day.

Work colleagues have had loads of problems, year after year, with UPS.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Hermes are utterly useless. Left a parcel with expensive gadgets inside in my recycling bin on recycling day. :ffsparr:

Don’t tell me, case closed as far as they’re concerned and any problem.. speak with the retailer!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Has anybody had any experience with Hermes parcel delivery? What an absolute shower this lot are.

Christmas shopping underway, first two parcels due in today (from different retailers) and two text messages received from Hermes an hour apart to say that both parcels have been delivered and signed for. Problem being that no one was in, no parcels were received or signed for and they’ve not been left anywhere.

Hermes say that they’ve been delivered and signed for and the case is closed as far as they’re concerned. If we have further queries speak to the retailers, they can’t share the P.O.D either as only the retailer receives it.

Both retailers don’t sound surprised, both say that the P.O.D is just an ineligible squiggle.. one investigating further and one just said they’d send it again with no investigation.

I’m assuming that the courier has just helped himself but stunned to think that they’ve nicked it, then fraudulently signed the P.O.D and the retailers just seem to accept it as normal practice. :facepalm:

Thieving gits. Click and collect arranged for the next delivery. Is this a common event, anyone else been stung.

If you haven't already, try contacting them through their Facebook and Twitter sites, lay it on thickly, nobody likes bad publicity.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If I know someone is going to use Hermes, I cancel my order.

They are well known for a total lack of understanding towards the end customer. If you take the time to read Hermes' terms and conditions you would see how poorly they are written and contradict themselves. They are clueless if you raise a query on the intention of their written terms.

As well as the on the roof post above, they are well known for delivering to the wrong address then hiding behind the signed for.

I would question why the retailers are using such a poor carrier. I believe this is partly why the likes of Amazon have stopped using them.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
If you haven't already, try contacting them through their Facebook and Twitter sites, lay it on thickly, nobody likes bad publicity.

Unfortunately I don’t do either but Twitter seems to be the way to go for such issues so I may well get myself signed up and the missus is on FB so I’ll get her on the case. Cheers

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Don’t tell me, case closed as far as they’re concerned and any problem.. speak with the retailer!

Yeah but the retailer was very sympathetic and sorted it out straight away. Thankfully!

Baz2000

Oct 12, 2017
Ordered item two weeks ago, got email from Hermes to say parcel delivered to a safe space in my porch - I dont have porch and when I contacted Hermes they were unhelpful and said that I would have to take it up with the supplier. Supplier told me that they would take up with Hermes and over a three day period they couldn’t contact the delivery driver and eventually agreed to supply me with a replacement.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
If I know someone is going to use Hermes, I cancel my order.

They are well known for a total lack of understanding towards the end customer. If you take the time to read Hermes' terms and conditions you would see how poorly they are written and contradict themselves. They are clueless if you raise a query on the intention of their written terms.

As well as the on the roof post above, they are well known for delivering to the wrong address then hiding behind the signed for.

I would question why the retailers are using such a poor carrier. I believe this is partly why the likes of Amazon have stopped using them.

Maybe click and collect is the way to go but then I’m guessing that Hermes deliver to your designated point? In which case the same problem applies. Will certainly think twice about using them again and may take a leaf out of your book.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Not had much experience with Hermes, good or bad, but surely they cannot be as bad as, let alone worse than, Yodel?! The absolute worst company of any description I have had the displeasure of having to deal with.

Last edited:

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Fortunately our local Hermes lass is a regular so we never have any problems with deliveries. Perhaps because we gave her our old kitchen when it was ripped out helped. She wanted it for her garage so she could sort her parcels. Saved us £400 to have it taken away!

Also I own a retail/online business and we always just ship out duplicate orders free of charge if the original hasn’t arrived after 14 days. We use the post office and have had a fair few go missing over the years so I don’t suppose Hermes are any worse. No point as a business in trying to claim back from Royal Mail as you have to produce all the invoices relating to the stock purchase etc which takes up more time than the cost of the goods lost.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I ordered a dvd a couple of weeks ago, which never arrived. Not sure if it was Hermes the carrier or not.

However, sold a mini disc player on ebay last week which was carried to Glasgow by Hermes. All arrived ok.

So this carrier thing is all a bit hit and miss.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Fortunately our local Hermes lass is a regular so we never have any problems with deliveries. Perhaps because we gave her our old kitchen when it was ripped out helped. She wanted it for her garage so she could sort her parcels. Saved us £400 to have it taken away!

Also I own a retail/online business and we always just ship out duplicate orders free of charge if the original hasn’t arrived after 14 days. We use the post office and have had a fair few go missing over the years so I don’t suppose Hermes are any worse. No point as a business in trying to claim back from Royal Mail as you have to produce all the invoices relating to the stock purchase etc which takes up more time than the cost of the goods lost.

JD Sports is one of the retailers, they’ve just called to say that they’ve opened a claim. They’re writing to us tomorrow to ask for an example of our signature. We need to post that back and assuming it’s not the same as the fraudsters ineligible squiggle then we may get a replacement or a refund :ffsparr:

You wouldn’t want to risk this to close to Christmas or you’ll have some seriously disappointed kids or skint parents.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here