Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Database error

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry - I appreciate it's very annoying - it is for me too, but I'm struggling to diagnose this one as nothing is being dumped to log files.

I'll keep working on it though.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Sorry - I appreciate it's very annoying - it is for me too, but I'm struggling to diagnose this one as nothing is being dumped to log files.

I am certain that your knowledge is better than that me here but has apache and mysql services been restarted? do you have access to the my.cnf file? max_connections is worth checking if so. PHP version hasnt been 'úpgraded' by the host? Stabbing a little in the dark but hey

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I have had this in the past, and it is occurring much more regularly now. Also, the website is often at times unresponsive or slow to load.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Got my first one for ages this morning, welcome back

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Thanks.

I direct all NSC error emails to an email account I'd forgotten how to access.

The site was failing with too many connections to the DB which I don't believe has ever happened before. I'll speak to the hosts.

I guess there could be a number of issues around capacity. I assume this is running as VM somewhere. Starting point I would always take is has ANYTHING changed on the platform or in your application , sometimes simple little changes have an undesired affect.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
And again

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

FWIW I have tried logging onto NSC with Ad Bloc running (Samsung internet) and it works fine for me, but when I login normally on Chrome it does the database error thingy.
Hope this helps?

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
FWIW I have tried logging onto NSC with Ad Bloc running (Samsung internet) and it works fine for me, but when I login normally on Chrome it does the database error thingy.
Hope this helps?

Ad wot?.... Thought that was a crime met with banishment.... Braver man than me :lolol:

Sorry to the PC brigade. Should have typed "braver person than me" - no offence meant or implied......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here