Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Last time we faced Liverpool

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I remember Dalglish sniggering, it was pretty embarrassing. As for Anfield, what a crap away end, could hardly see anything

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Dunk is the only one as neither Barnes nor Vokes would get ainto any other Premier side other than Burnley with their style of play.

Based on his 2012 self (as per the OP), Dunk would not replace the current Dunk.

Barnes might just get in, but I don’t think he was better than Gross, so probably my answer would be none of them.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Based on his 2012 self (as per the OP), Dunk would not replace the current Dunk.

Barnes might just get in, but I don’t think he was better than Gross, so probably my answer would be none of them.

I think Barnes is as good as, if not better than Baldock though, so l would give him a place in the squad..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So, two different squads to consider now, then?

Dunk - obviously.
Cook - wouldn't have a problem having him in the squad.
Barnes and Vokes ditto (Vokes might not have been great for us, but he's moved on considerably since those days).
Vicente in his prime - might even get in the team, let alone the squad!

I may not seriously want him back now - but would have loved to see what Adam El Animal would have done to Lukaku on Tuesday!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
So, two different squads to consider now, then?

Dunk - obviously.
Cook - wouldn't have a problem having him in the squad.
Barnes and Vokes ditto (Vokes might not have been great for us, but he's moved on considerably since those days).
Vicente in his prime - might even get in the team, let alone the squad!

I may not seriously want him back now - but would have loved to see what Adam El Animal would have done to Lukaku on Tuesday!

Lukaku?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
6,000 of us went there for the 6-1.

We stayed overnight on the Sunday/Monday, making a mini weekend of it. Loved the city centre.

Was this the one where dunk scored an own goal doing keepy uppies on the goal line & bridcutt another

After everyone (embarrassingly) sang along to YNWA

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Players in BOLD were from 11/12 in Division 1 meaning could they go up two leagues?

Peter Brezovan

Iñigo Calderón
Adam El-Abd
Gordon Greer
Lewis Dunk

Will Buckley
Alan Navarro
Liam Bridcutt

Kazenga LuaLua

Ashley Barnes
Sam Vokes

Subs

Casper Ankergren
Ryan Harley
Romain Vincelot
Craig Noone
Vicente
Torbjorn Agdestein
Craig Mackail-Smith

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Players in BOLD were from 11/12 in Division 1 meaning could they go up two leagues?

Peter Brezovan

Iñigo Calderón
Adam El-Abd
Gordon Greer
Lewis Dunk

Will Buckley
Alan Navarro
Liam Bridcutt

Kazenga LuaLua

Ashley Barnes
Sam Vokes

Subs

Casper Ankergren
Ryan Harley
Romain Vincelot
Craig Noone
Vicente
Torbjorn Agdestein
Craig Mackail-Smith

Not sam vokes?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bridcutt at his best would have a chance and Buckley with healthy hamstrings could oust March’s form of late.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Noony played in the Prem long before our current squad,Kaz in 2012 was good enough,and I thought Brez was a good keeper.

Peter Brezovan was ok in average games but went to pieces in big games. He let six goals in twice, against West Ham and Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here