Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Brighton Kop

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought it was quite a nicely made piece but despaired towards the end when there was reference to helping people get to Anfield as "all Liverpool supporters should go to Anfield at least once" or words to that effect.

They have no idea.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I thought it was quite a nicely made piece but despaired towards the end when there was reference to helping people get to Anfield as "all Liverpool supporters should go to Anfield at least once" or words to that effect.

They have no idea.

In a Southern accent.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Each to their own and all that, but I just do not get it, especially when by their own admission hardly any of them have been to Anfield.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Each to their own and all that, but I just do not get it, especially when by their own admission hardly any of them have been to Anfield.

I've often wondered what proper Liverpool (or any other big club) fans think of these sorts of people. Presumably they dislike them even more than we do?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

I reckon if we filled the pub with an equal amount of Albion fans we'd have been to Anfield more times than them, and we've only played Liverpool there twice in the last 26 years.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I've often wondered what proper Liverpool (or any other big club) fans think of these sorts of people. Presumably they dislike them even more than we do?

You'd like to think so, but i suspect not. Meeting a scouser friend on saturday and I'll ask.

The whole thing baffles and saddens me.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
A lot of late 40 early 50s in there from the glory days.
I expect there is a Brighton Stretford End full of 30-40 year olds!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Not if it subsidises Coutinho's wages. Probably a reluctant tolerance.

My mind can't be the only one boggling at how Liverpool 'fans' from this area are going support 'their' club play on TV against the club whose city/pub they are situated in and no doubt grew up in/around, as the game itself kicks off 5 miles away.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Seems like quite a decent group, but really, what a waste. 'Singing at the screen'? When you could be doing all that you are already, but at an actual football stadium.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

My mind can't be the only one boggling at how Liverpool 'fans' from this area are going support 'their' club play on TV against the club whose city/pub they are situated in and no doubt grew up in/around, as the game itself kicks off 5 miles away.

It is really weird. I just can't understand the concept.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
270 miles from Anfield........ Bill would be proud
WTF
270 miles from Anfield. coupla lezzers who have never been to Liverpool....... Bill would be baffled more like

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It's not on TV though, unless they show the semi-dodgy foreign streams.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
A lot of late 40 early 50s in there from the glory days.
I expect there is a Brighton Stretford End full of 30-40 year olds!

This. Basically they chose the most successful club of their generation. I always wonder about the insecurity of a glory-seeker and how weak they must be to have to support a team that always wins rather than risk following their local team who may lose a fair bit.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This. Basically they chose the most successful club of their generation. I always wonder about the insecurity of a glory-seeker and how weak they must be to have to support a team that always wins rather than risk following their local team who may lose a fair bit.

In fairness to them, 2005 aside Liverpool have been a fairly mediocre upper mid table side for the last couple of decades so not a lot of glory to hunt.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here