Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Home Shirt

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A quick update....

After getting in contact with Paul Barber the club have agreed to refund or exchange the shirt. Guess it was just the jobsworth in the shop then!!!

No it wasn't a jobsworthness.
I'll suggest the fella in question isn't in the position to make this 'common sense' decision, the company CEO is.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
of course they can, they wont exactly struggle to sell it on will they
I wouldnt accept that answer - take it in the shop and cause a scene if you need to

Cause a scene? Because the purchaser made a mistake?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I've got the correct size shirt L and have been very happy with it since August. I then grabbed it for the Stoke game and found the premier league patches half hanging off. My wife insists she didn't tumble dry it, so do I
a) demand a replacement in the shop
b) have a row with the wife
c) complain to Paul Barber
d) ignore it and leave them now off
e) get some of those iron on things and put then back on.

I'm going for e) but with the caveat that if I burn the shirt whilst ironing them on, I am going with b).

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ordered 2 away shirts last week. One turned up today. How hard is it to check the invoice to the contents of the bag they are sending ?

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Whilst on the subject of replica shirts, can anybody advise why there is no demand for long sleeves these days? Bearing in mind the weather is not exactly warm for most of the playing season long sleeves would be more practical. I'm sure BensGrandad would agree with me on this point.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Whilst on the subject of replica shirts, can anybody advise why there is no demand for long sleeves these days? Bearing in mind the weather is not exactly warm for most of the playing season long sleeves would be more practical. I'm sure BensGrandad would agree with me on this point.
Surely you/he would struggle to get it over the thermal under shirt, over shirt, jumper, fleece and jacket if they were full length sleeves? :shrug:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
No it wasn't a jobsworthness.
I'll suggest the fella in question isn't in the position to make this 'common sense' decision, the company CEO is.

Exactly my point to the manager in store this morning! What is even more ridiculous is that they had shirts with exactly the same sleeve patches on, on the shelves. But still had proceeded to tell me there is not a chance I am going to get an exchange or refund.

If a manager of a business can not or is unable to make a decision on such a minor matter then I don't think they should be doing that job. Not slating the club but the fact the OP's shirt had sleeve badges added and there are exactly the same shirts with sleeve badges already applied on sale makes it seem a ridiculous/petty reason for turning down a request to simply exchange the item. The fact that the shirts have been out of stock for so long and Christmas around the corner would surely mean that it would not have stayed on the shelt for too long.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I wear a coat when it's cold.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Please tell me you are joking :moo:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If a manager of a business can not or is unable to make a decision on such a minor matter then I don't think they should be doing that job. Not slating the club but the fact the OP's shirt had sleeve badges added and there are exactly the same shirts with sleeve badges already applied on sale makes it seem a ridiculous/petty reason for turning down a request to simply exchange the item. The fact that the shirts have been out of stock for so long and Christmas around the corner would surely mean that it would not have stayed on the shelt for too long.
If the policy is NO REFUNDS FOR ALTERED SHIRTS, it doesn't matter how many managers you sack, there still won't be any refunds.
I'm not disputing any of the rest, if the club has been responsible for the alternations, this should be a no brainer.
I don't know about you but I certainly wouldn't be telling my CEO I don't agree with his policy and so I decided to ignore it.

D

Deleted member 2719

Apparently because the sleeve badgers are 'customer choice' they cannot exchange because it has been 'personalized'. Was in the club shop again this morning and they just point blank refused.

Excellent customer service again from the club.

:nono::nono::nono:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

He would, but he'd demand them for the same price as the short sleeved version....

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Surely you/he would struggle to get it over the thermal under shirt, over shirt, jumper, fleece and jacket if they were full length sleeves? :shrug:

So you've probably never been to a live match before Tweety Pie so you only need a short sleeve, that's OK no shame in that, but one day you might and then you'd understand my point.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here